I think it's funny that people are saying "You should have contacted Sharon!"

There is another thread on lousy service from JetBlue but the answer isn't "You should have called Customer Service from the TSA line when you found out there was no Pre Check at your airport."

OP is just trying to get a working phone. He shouldn't have to go track down the owner in order to do a normal transaction with the business.

It's great that Sharon responds here and pledges to help but if the pat answer is "Yeah, I know that employee is bad but please contact me if you run into issues", something is broken.

I have rented phones from that business several times and it's never been a pleasant experience for me. I've had no problems per se but it just feels like I'm being terribly inconvenient to them by actually conducting business with them. The only reason I continue is because it's conveniently on my way and I haven't expended the energy to find an alternative - shame on me.

I get that it's courteous to contact the owner of a small business with a complaint before going public with it and I did that after my first time. If it continues to be an issue though, as it clearly does, at some point it's fair game to talk about it IMHO.