We recently chartered Tennessee Waltz, a relatively new Saba 50 cat, from BVIYC, and we have also used The Moorings 6 times. In the interest of providing potential charterers my recent experience,here are a few points.

The good: Cassie and Abby are delightful to work with in the office, and responded well to our pre-cruise questions. Check-in was easy, and Chris did a great job with the extensive boat briefing. The cost of the boat was significantly below what The Moorings would have charged for a similar boat. We had one required service call which was handled extremely well, again by Chris.

The bad: 1) several months before our arrival, we received verbal approval for a second dinghy, required due to a large crew size of 12. But when we arrived the dockmaster had a real sour attitude about this and said they do not do this, later told me that there were no extra dinghys available, then later told me that they did not think charterers knew how to handle them. I did not like the fact he tried to BS us, and was so out of sync with his office. BTW, the Moorings has no problem with a 2nd dinghy. We finally got It after being firm. 2) The boat had a large sliding door between the saloon and aft cockpit which had bad rollers and was difficult to open and close. Since this door is used heavily all day, I strongly complained about it during the boat check-out, and the dock master told me that "all the Fountain Pugeot boats they receive had this problem and it could not be fixed". So later I went down the dock and tried the sliders on several others and they all worked perfectly. Again, total BS, and the slider was a major pain the entire trip. 3) the large cushions on top of the boat near the helm had torn tie-down straps requiring stowing the cushions below every time we were underway. 4) the docking lines and dinghy painter were old, worn and full of knots. 5) there are no clip gates on the safety lines, making it very difficult and unsafe for some crew people to get on and off the boat while docked, and the safety lines are starting to corrode. Since this is a 2015 boat, the only conclusion is that this wonderful boat is not being maintained well - all of these issues cost almost nothing to fix. Would I charter with them again? Yes, due to the savings. But ask lots of questions, and do not put up with any crap answers at the dock.