Hey everybody, sorry I left with such a cheesy part 2 entry. Somebody had suggested that I grab an adult beverage and keep typing....truth be told, I went out and watched the BC Notre Dame game and had too many before I started typing. The results speak for themselves. The funny thing is, I actuaully had a conversation with Rick on board and said never post on a message board, never send an email or never post on a facebook wall when your ripped...Naturally, I did all 3! I promise, I'll ry harder from here on out.
Back to the Grenadines. We awoke just off the shore of Pt. St. Vincent and while grabbing another of Lia's wawesome breakfasts, Rick said; "watch the color of the water as the sun rises higher in the sky". Boy, he wasn't kidding, by the time breakfast was over and we're getting ready to do some exploring, the craziest multiple hues of turqoise had peaked, and we were anchored right smack in the middle of them! Hell of a way to start the day! We set off to explore Pt. St. Vincent, as none of us had every stepped foot on these shores. A single island resort occupies this island, and from what I've heard it's pretty high end. We tied off and set to look around, nobody seemed to be around. It looked as if the resort had been closed awhile. Possibly for the low season. The island is ringed by a nice soft white sand surrounded by that awesome water.You could probably get used spending some time here. we did a little exploring and beach combing, and then back to the boat to continue the journey.
Our final destination of the day would be Union Island, not too far across the channel. Before we would pull into Union though, there was plenty of time for a snorkle off Mopion. Mopion is the coolest little spit of sand, surrounded by a reef, with a single thatched palapa as it's sole structure. The snorkling was outstanding with the reef vibrant and teeming with life. Davids snorkle took him back in the direction of the boat while Mopion drew me in. I couldn't resist the chance step foot on my own, at least temporarily, private islet. So I stood there and proclaimed myself, Kng Joseph of Mopion.......It's good to be the King. Alas, my reign was brief, as it was back to the boat and on to Union Island.
The crossing was easy enough, with the exception of a rogue wave that caused a couple of plate fatalities in the galley. After anchooring we zipped over to happy island, situated in the middle of the harbor. That was one laid back spot! We sampled a few of the signature rum punches and headed to Union for dinner. I wish I could tell you more about Bougainvilles on Union, except to issue a warning about pre-dinner stops at happy island. The warning: Pre-dinner rum punches at Happy Island, without adult supervision, can lead to a very hazy dining experience. Needless to say in bed immediately after dinner. Tomorrow off to the Tobago Cays and Mayreau. To be continued.......