Decided to make a new thread for this party so I can give my thoughts on this wonderful get together. Please chime in if you were there!! Pat already got us off to a rousing start with her up-to-the-minute thoughts-God I envy her for living there!! [Linked Image]<br><br>Couldn't wait for this party. We arrived at the appointed time and got our drink account set up with Piet-very organized [Linked Image] Grabbed a Carib and our name tags. Set about meeting and greeting. Spent a fair amount of time with Shelby and Amanda-very fun girls!! They'd been doing the island up right during their stay. Actually ran into them again at Bliss in an odd way-I was walking around and crushed a womans toes toes by mistake. I profusely apologized, looked up and it was Shelby [Linked Image] Sorry bout that sweetie!! The appetizers were to die for. All kinds of goodies at the table and trays were passed around by the impeccable staff as we were sitting around talking. The setting was just breathtaking! We were by the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. What a gem this place is [Linked Image]<br><br>It was great to see Augie and Sue again as well as my buddy Bob D. and his lovely wife Bette. I must comment on Bob's tan. It is just...the darkest brown-almost odd [Linked Image] I don't know how he does it. I tan well, but I do have some redness to it. Folks...he is DARK brown. Unreal!<br><br>Sat across from Mary Beth and Don at dinner. Chatted for a long time with them. Turns out her family owned a grand hotel on Block Island that burned down in '68 I believe. Most of my Dad's family lived there for years. In fact my Uncle Mac broke his ankle fighting that fire. Small world! And Mary Beth still has a wicked Mass. accent [Linked Image] Nice to hear she and Don are moving back to Mass. from Salt Lake City.<br><br>Our dinner was just wonderful. The chicken was to die for as well as the crabmeat salad-ooh la la! Can't say enough about the food [Linked Image] We made sure to tell all of our Royal Islander friends about this place [Linked Image] I'm sure many will stop by next year. And the dessert....the best! It was chocalate cake with YUMMY ice cream topped with fruit and chocolate sauce. It was a work of art! Just splendid.<br><br>OK-I'm gonna vote for the get together to be at The Hideaway next year. I don't think we could ever top this! A great time with the most fabulous SXM lovers in the world. What is better than that???? [Linked Image][Linked Image][img]/images/icons2/kiss.gif[/img]