What can I say? SXM is just paradise on earth! This trip (my 10th I think) delivered the goods over and over again. Gretchen touched on alot of it since we were together quite often-I will embellish on what she reported and add a few other things [Linked Image] I will also do a seperate thread for the TTOL pahty at The Hideaway so the attendees can chime in as they arrive home.<br><br>Flight Down: Took Old Faithful AA 1019 (7am) from Logan to SJU and finally SXM. Showed up at 5am to a long check-in line. It literally didn't budge until 5:30-we were done by 6am. We waited for our paperwork to be checked before going thru the X-Ray area. None of our stuff was looked at. They just made me take my baseball hat off and shake it. Painless. <br><br> We weren't pulled over for a special check at the gate, but watched them inspect the belongings of one man-he had alot of boxes with him for some reason. One thing I noted was that the AA personnel weren't wearing gloves while going thru his stuff-thought that was odd...but I hadn't slept the night before [Linked Image] Got on the plane-it was full at take off-good sign [Linked Image] The main thing I noticed during the entire airport experience was this....everyone was KIND to each other. Helping ppl. lug their bags thru the line if they were alone-helping others hoist bags into the overhead compartment, etc. I'm used to pushing, shoving and rudeness on those flights down. It could have been that we flew on a Friday and it wasn't such a push to catch a cruise-I'd like to think that ppl. have become less selfish post 9/11-ppl. genuinely seemed to care for each other on that flight-conversation was easy with anyone we encountered. Then again....maybe we were in an episode of The Twilight Zone and I missed my close up [Linked Image] Anyhoo..flights took off on time-and we even got to SXM 15 minutes early [Linked Image]<br><br>Bags came off the belt right away-always had to sweat it out on previous trips. Dad was there to fetch us as always. Quick change in the room and we were by the pool to greet our great friends from past years. There is nothing in the world better than jumping in that gorgeous pool to wash off what we call "plane scum" [Linked Image] We took a walk around Maho, relaxed and went to bed around 10-had a restful 12 hour sleep [Linked Image]<br><br>Got up on Sat. to await the arrival of The Rat Pack [Linked Image] Gretchen and her gang, as well as Irene's niece and nephew and their two friends. We were chomping at the bit for their planes to arrive! We got everyone together at the bar in the Royal Islander lobby-hoisted a few and went over to Cheri's for a few more-never hung out there the rest of the week, but it's a traditional first night spot.<br><br>Beaches: Did Mullet-wonderful as always!! Went to Orient twice-camped at Kon Tiki. Wasn't windy and the water was a delight as always [Linked Image] Spent a few of the days at the RI beach. We were lucky to have about 25 feet of beachfront while we were there. Plenty of room to stretch out. The surf there seemed calmer than other years, but it still scares me to death-not a great ocean swimmer. Heard they had to rescue a woman-everyone did a human chain and they got her in unscathed thank God.<br><br>Food: We bring alot of stuff with us. Always ate breakfast in-made sandwiches for the beach. We went to the free buffet at Dolphin on both Sats. Starts at 9-catered by Fabulous Feasts. And it WAS fabulous! Small-ish selection, but everything was delicious!! Also ate at The Boathouse-10 of us-not a bum meal in the group. Had my birthday dinner at Mama Mia's upstairs in the Maho Center. 'Twas excellent! Very inexpensive as well [Linked Image] Please swing by-they do an excellent job!<br><br>Carousing: I tell ya what...Bliss is THE PLACE to be. Never been to a more faboo place. Just gorgeous as Gretchen has stated. Gets a little nuts after midnight as far as the techno and dancing goes (and after the Red Bull kicks in...those crazy kids [img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img] ) but I've never had such fun ppl. watching in my life. There was also a "fire show" on Friday pm-this woman lit all kinds of sticks/pots on chains on fire and danced-swinging them around-it was AWESOME! The drinks were strong and not overpriced-the 2 for 1 on Thurs was SWEET! Big disappointment: Q Club. Call me crazy, but it was like a club in Anytown, USA-nothing special. And the $5 for a Carib totally pissed me off. Sorry...never again. And of course..the Sopranos Debacle that Gretchen touched on. I will describe it this way...[img]/images/icons2/argue.gif[/img] Too bad too-we really did enjoy that place last year. Needless to say...I drank about 327 Bay Breezes during the trip-my liver is begging for mercy!!!<br><br>Driving: OK. I drove on the island for the first time this year. LOVED it [img]/images/icons2/rofl.gif[/img] It was like a video game! Very challenging as you all know-yeah...I'm nuts!! I dunno-I just loved dodging goats and motorcycles [img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]<br><br>The Island: Clean and green as always. Noticed a decent police presence on the Dutch side. Actually saw police cars with sirens blaring twice. And they fly that darn helicopter around constantly! Nice toy.<br><br>Flight home: On time out of SXM of course [img]/images/icons2/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Circled over Puerto Rico for the obligatory half hour. Landed at 5:20-needed to make our connection at 6:20. The first customs pit stop was a nightmare-finally got thru to find our bags right away and breezed thru the rest of the way with time to spare. Landed at Logan on time and the 50 degree temp difference was duly noted [img]/images/icons2/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Got to the apt. at midnight. <br><br>In summation....had a lovely time, made some new friends and miss it something wicked already. I envy all of you heading down soon. My love for that island knows no bounds!!! Feel free to post any questions you may have and thanks for reading this loooong report-are your eyes tired yet?? [img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img] Sheila [img]/images/icons2/cool.gif[/img]