Told myself I wasn't going to post a trip report after this trip, but there are a few comments to be made:<br><br>First, we want to thank Jim and Mary Ruos for helping with the planning and for the great abundance of Beefeater's Gin they left along with other leftovers. [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] (about 1.48369 ounces--private joke here)<br><br>Secondly, we want to thank John and Sugarae for allowing us to feast on their "lobstahs" with Andy and Cheryl. I really hated to have to give Ray Mann a hard time, but Sugarae insisted. [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]<br><br>Thirdly, we want to thank Richard for the professional job he did on ID's and appropriate badges for the Orient Beach Patrol. These proved to be very helpful and entertaining in enforcing the appropriate dress code on the beach at Club O. [Linked Image][Linked Image] Airport security, when checking our bags, had some interesting questions. He thought we were for real!! [Linked Image][Linked Image][img]/images/icons2/grin.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/grin.gif[/img] We're seriously considering incorporating after so many people indicated an interest in joining our patrol force. <br><br> Club Orient was great, but it is really the people there that make that place special in spite of the policies of management. I decided last April when we made our reservations for 17 days in March that if we couldn't get our request, this would be the last year I tried. Naturally, we, as usual, didn't get our request, so we won't be staying there next year. I understand that they can't always fulfill requests, but they should at least let guests know what to expect. One couple told us they were there over New Year's and got bumped to a mini suite after requesting a studio...and yes, they had to pay the difference. [img]/images/icons2/thumbsdown.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsdown.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsdown.gif[/img] As usual, the employees in the office, L'Orientique, Papagayo, and watersports were great, and the beach was wonderful. [[img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img] Be advised that Club Orient has also changed their policy on establishing accounts. If you're not staying on the resort, you cannot open an account at Papagayo or L'Orientique, and all tips now must be paid in cash. [img]/images/icons2/thumbsdown.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsdown.gif[/img]Obviously, finding cash in one's pockets for appropriate tipping can get rather difficult at times. [img]/images/icons2/rofl.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/rofl.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/rofl.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/rofl.gif[/img] <br><br>We still haven't found a bad restaurant on St. Martin. Tried Le Pinel in Cul-de-Sac, Le Balou (sp?) in Grand Case past Sebastiano, and The Pirate in Grand Case, behind the police station. All were wonderful and quite different, but The Pirate has to get my vote here for being totally different, laid-back, fun, and extremely reasonable. [img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img] The bathroom is quite different and practically impossible to describe. Let's just say it was "interesting". In so doing, I can avoid being arrested for perverted descriptions on the internet!! [img]/images/icons2/crazy.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/crazy.gif[/img]<br><br>From 3 to 6 on Sunday at Kontiki women drink seabreezes, beer, and/or sangria free. Take a herd and enjoy. [img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img]<br><br>Dined again at Sol e Luna. As usual, Charlotte was the perfect hostess, and the food and atmosphere were perfect. <br>[img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img]<br><br>Ray, we also dined again at La Petite Auberge Des Iles and mentioned your name. They look forward to seeing you again.<br>As usual, the food, atmosphere, and service were great. In fact, we went there after shopping in Marigot and relaxed with a drink at sunset before dinner. <br><br>We basically vegetated on the beach, ate wonderful food, and drank great wine (and dark rhum from Martinique with the Pirate). We love this island and have already booked one trip back "home" for next year to visit our SXM "family" from all over the world again! [img]/images/icons2/love.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/love.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/umbrella.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/umbrella.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/love.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/love.gif[/img]<br><br>Robin and Bobbe