Tuesday 5/25.…Day 12. Happy Anniversary to US!! Decided to spend the day hanging around the resort. SIL has to travel tomorrow, so we didn’t want to send her home crispy. Swam in the “C” pool, then the new PMR pool, which was pretty dead. Talked to some girl who was there with her baby (she lives on the island). So is anyone just allowed to come into the resort and use the facilities?? The afternoon turned ugly with some serious downpours so back to the unit for a shower and heading to Granduca for dinner tonite. Very nice restaurant, attentive service. Two bottles of water, glass of wine, 2 appetizers, 3 salads, lasagna, penne al norma, veal parm., and an orange tiramisu for dessert--$142 without tip (says on the menu service not included). Back to the unit to unbutton our pants!

Wednesday, May 26...Day 13. Taking SIL to the airport day! Nice breakfast with fresh croissants and baguette from Le Sucierre. Off to USAir to drop bags. First bag is free, $35 for second ($30 for us since we booked our ticket last year). Probably $25 on line if we had thought to check-in online. Back to the unit for one last swim, quick bite and then dropped her at the airport. Took a ride to Grand Marche for a few plane snacks. Got a bottle of Toppers White Chocolate Raspberry Rum for $25/litre and a 2 lb(??) bag of Iranian pistachio nuts for $16. They sell the Toppers Rum at the Manager’s Party here at Pelican, but I think it was for $30. Next off to some oriental market by Rima’s for Bombay Sapphire which was $12/litre….$4 cheaper than Grand Marche. Stoli was the same price as the grocery store. Back to the unit to watch USAir take off with SIL. Off to the “B” pool for Jimmy Buffett party. Actually won some jewelry and a free entrée at 3 Palms. Think we’ll try it out Friday for our farewell meal. Dinner in and relaxing for the night.

Thursday, May 27.…Day 14. Slept in this morning, breakfast in the unit and trying to decide if it’s a beach day or not. Pretty cloudy out. What the heck, off to Mullet for our last beach day of this stay. Arrived around 11, took a swim, ate some lunch, watched the planes land and it started to rain. And rain. So we came home and showered and took a ride for a chocolate banana crepe and a coffee. It’s 4:30 now and still raining. I don’t think I’ve ever spent a day in SXM where it’s rained this much. Heading to Mark’s for dinner and hanging around watching some TV tonite. Listening to the weather for the rest of the week, not sounding good. Rainy w/heavy thunderstorms the next few days and very humid. This may kill my shopping trip into Phillipsburg tomorrow. We'll see what happens.