Here's the first of my very late trip reports. I'll do the rest in reverse chronological order.

I was at Desert Sun last weekend and there's not a whole lot to report. The number of people seemed consistent with that time of year (it was slightly below normal temperatures and I heard the "June gloom" was present at the shore).

The only changes I'm aware of since my last trip (in February) were some staffing changes, the most significant of which was that there's now an on-site massage therapist named Giselle. I've heard lots of good things about her and she apparently has a unique style that's a combination of various forms of massage.

Apropos of the discussion in another thread, they've now outsourced more of the pool maintenance and the folks doing it had only been there a couple of weeks when I was there. The two folks I saw were already very respectful of nude people, but you could tell they were new at it: they really didn't have much of an idea what to do when passing a nude person on a narrow path. Should they say 'hello'? Where should they look? It was funny and I feel sorry for them, though I know they'll figure it out quite soon. (And they'll also be around less once they finish the "catch-up" work.)

Finally, for those who were there that weekend and heard about the injured cat that came onto the grounds, it turns out it had a broken pelvis, not a broken back, so it won't be put down, but will recover for a few weeks, then be put up for adoption.