Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,060
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 26
GaKaye 19
kim 18
Member Spotlight
dkupersmith
dkupersmith
Collingswood, NJ
Posts: 251
Joined: February 2003
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
11 members (patentshark, paul2pam, Eva, Nez, Rumlover, Pep, KandG, 4 invisible), 398 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#131760 06/03/2017 09:55 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 241
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 241
I have been to the BVI on sailing cats many times. Most of the crew on the next trip will be non-sailors so I am thinking of a chartering a power cat. At the last Miami boat show, I toured the Marine Max exhibit but didn't care for the layout. The Moorings power cat was nice but I have chartered with the Moorings before and they are a little pricey. I am looking for a recommendation for a reasonably priced power cat 4 cabin/4 head. Sailonline is not showing any power cats in their inventory. Thanks in advance.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
C
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Last year we chartered the Moorings 474. (47', 4 cabins each w/ private bath) I liked it so much we are getting it again for our trip in 2 weeks, however since that model has reached its 5 year age limit, the Moorings has taken it out of their Fleet and it moved into the Footloose fleet. Footloose is affiliated with the Moorings (same base in Road Town, same service folks, just different name on the boat.) but has the boats that have aged out of the Moorings fleet and at a lower charter cost. They have the same 4 hr breakdown service guarantee as the Moorings, and I have convinced myself that the significantly lower rate on this older model that I like so much will be a good deal. This is my first time dealing with Footloose, but for all practical purposes it is essentially the Moorings. I will know in 3 weeks from today if this was a good decision.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 241
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 241
Thanks. I have used Footloose twice and enjoyed working with them.

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 364
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 364
Conch now has ex Moorings Power Cats at a great price.

http://conchcharters.com/yachts/leopard-47pc-2008/

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 25
P
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
P
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 25
We are thinking of doing same charter next year & we're debating on going with older boat through Footloose also? The 47 power cat is what we are looking for. I will be watching to see how it works for you. Have great time!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5