We were on island from 7/21-8/9. Thanks to TTOL recommendations we tried Gutside and Granduca...loved both. Also Pasta/Pizza, Shadow under the Boat, Cafe De Paris all of which we enjoyed. Weather was 99% wonderful, it was actually warmer back home in NY. Sad to have read in the Daily Herald (?) that there was a candlelight march in Phillipsburg to protest the alarming rise in crime on the island. Also wondering why there are not more fatalities to the island youth due to their reckless motorcycle driving. I'm not anti-bike, my DH and I are Harley riders. Actually I just hang on! We rented a HOG the first year we were there...never again! Went to Palm Beach, again thanks TTOL. Loved the place, went twice, food great, lounges wonderful, a bit too breezy with rough surf for my taste. We spent most days on Kakao where Carl and Cedric took great care of us. Also 2 days at the beach in front of Holland House Hotel since we were "over the hill" anyway. We are owners at Sapphire...facility should be fabulous...it isn't. Maintenance is sadly neglected. I don't change my linens at home more than 1x a week so having it changed 1x during the week is fine...but I'd like to have housekeeping make up the bed. I make it at home every day but I'm on vacay for goodness sake. Beach towels only changed 2x...yuk. Enough bath towels as we're in a 2 bathroom accomodation and had enough towels. Still, I pay my maintenance fees and I paid the Sp. Assessment...and I don't know what they are doing with the money. Went to Porto Cupecoy...lunch at Ernest and Fidel, enjoyed it. Went to the market there, very convenient and produce was good, fun to see some of the gourmet products there. Nice wine selection. We traveled mid-week to mid-week for the first time and will continue to do that as the crowds are so much less. We stayed at Summit Resort before and after, loved the friendliness of all the staff, the food at the restaurant, especially the grilled mahi mahi lunch special and great mashed potatoes. Patricia, the waitress works also at Tutta Pasta near Jimbo's. We enjoyed that, too. She has a little girl, 6, who is the smartest child I've ever had the pleasure of talking to! A real cutie. Evans, who is managing the Resort is working hard to improve the property. We'd stay there again with no problem. Beach towels every day!!!! This is long and rambling but I love St. M and plan on going back and back and back as long as we're healthy enough to make the trip.