This was our first trip to SXM (normally do Jamaica every June). We had a great time and I want to thank everyone here for all the great information. Here is my report, I took no notes while there, and I'm by no means a professional writer/critique so please keep that in mind. This is all based on memory and my memory may have been clouded by all the Caribs and Heinekens I had!

Flight in: Flew out of O'Hare on 6/23 8:20 AM flight (on time) no “major” issues. It was a little bumpy as we flew through some pretty big storms. Once we cleared those it was a smooth ride and arrived in Miami on time. Had a 4 hour layover in MIA, flight out at 4:50 was on time and arrived in SXM about 15 minutes early(7:35PM). Immigration/Customs was super fast and easy and we were off to the exits.
Rented a car from Justice Rental and they were waiting right by the exit to pick us up. We didn't catch the young man's name who delivered us to/from Club Fantastico (CF), but he was prompt and a very safe driver. I highly recommend Justice! I received a fairly nice Hyundai Getz and I don't believe it had any kind of plate on it that distinguished it as a rental, but we never left anything in it and didn't lock the doors.

Night 1: We arrived at CF around 8:45 and since we didn't feel like eating we simply enjoyed a few Caribs (several) in the hot tub and got acquainted with the surroundings.

Day 1 Thursday 6/24: It had rained much of the over-night hours and we woke up to more of the same, clouds and rain. We enjoyed the breakfast provided by Peggy/Mike, coffee, juice, several types of croissants, yogurts, watermelon/pineapple, and cereal. Breakfast was pretty much the same each day, however we were treated to some of Mike's scrambled eggs on Friday (I think) and they were super!
Since it was cloudy and we needed to do it anyway, we traveled over to Simpson Bay and picked up our phone from Sharon. Super easy to do, and I would recommend it for anyone who may need to have some type of contact on the island. On a side note --- make sure you take it back on time. We were late on Sunday and I think the lady working the counter was not happy with me. I thought I had until 7:30, but apparently the phone needed to be back by 5:00—I offered to pay for an extra day, but she didn't make me. After we grabbed the phone we stopped at the Bonita's Cantina and had a Presidente and watched a little bit of World Cup Soccer. Service was not the best and Presidente is not either. Those were our last two of those. Continued our drive towards the airport/Maho beach and then turned around and went back to CF as the weather looked like it was starting to clear. Changed into suits and went to Orient beach for lunch. We had the fried calamari at Andy and Cheryl's and it was awesome! Started raining so we headed back to CF for more hot tub time and and a nap...overslept and missed the TTOL party (sorry). Dinner that night was at Bikini Beach, started off with a Won Ton appetizer, very good. For our meals, I had the mahi mahi with rice (can't remember the exact name for the sauce—but it was good), and my wife had some type of Thai dish, she said it was “ok”, not her favorite. She had a BBC and I had two Caribs – $89. This was our most expensive meal of the trip. Early night as we had the Peggy and Paul trip in the AM.

Day 2 Friday 6/65: We were lucky and got booked on the P&P just one week prior as someone else had canceled. If you are thinking about doing this trip and are on the fence, do it! Peggy will be leaving soon for her vacation, so I'm not sure what will happen during that time, but once she is back I'm sure it will be a blast. We started off a little after 9 and went around the whole island, I won't go into grave details as there are better reports out there than what I can provide, but this trip is definitely worth the $. The sandwiches Peggy provides and the ribs/chicken you get from Danny (I think is his name) are just great. Ordered in that night from Racho Del Sol and had a really nice “Rodeo” pizza (tomato, cheese, pepperoni, olives) and a tomato/mozzarella salad--$28. Due to my late scheduling we had to sleep at Alamanda on Friday night as CF was booked up. Mike arranged for the room and allowed us to stay at CF for as long as we wanted and to come back in the morning for breakfast, so we basically stayed at CF until about midnight and drove down to Alamanda, checked in and went to bed. I didn't like the beds and Alamanda and the walls were paper thin. Let's just say our neighbors had a nice ending to their night around 3:20 AM.....

Day 3 Saturday 6/26: Finally some sun! Got out of Alamanda around 8:30 and headed up the hill to CF for breakfast. Obviously our room wasn't ready, but we were able to use the outdoor showers to clean up and then change for the beach. Rented chairs from Pedro's (George is the best) got the $10 CF rate – 2 chairs, 2 drinks, and a bathroom pass and found our spot. We stayed there pretty much from 11:00 AM until about 5:00 PM, only moving for more beers and a quick trip into the ocean to cool off. Had lunch during happy hour at the Perch, 4 Caribs, ribs w/fries & slaw for $18. Then back for two BBCs $7. Dinner tonight was at Paris Texas, grande nachos (meat, cheese, tomato, peas, corn, cheese, guac/sour cream, and jalapeño poppers, mango margarita (for her) and two Heineken for me. $40 (I think)

Day 4 Sunday 6/27 (last full day): More of the same, great day for sun. We hit Orient beach at 10:30, rented chairs again from Pedros and set up location. Had lunch at Orange Fever, shared a mahi mahi burger and fries. The cook was nice enough to pre-cut it and we each got our own plate of fries! $20.
Left the beach and headed out to return the cell phone (it was late—see day one) and over to Sunset beach to view the sunset and watch some planes come in/take off. Was lucky enough to see a 747 take off and see a few prop planes land, but the clouds/rain rolled in and washed out any sunset opportunities. Next headed to Grand Case, but it was a little overwhelming and again, just as we exited our car and huge lightning burst and clap of thunder arose and scared us away as we thought a nice sized storm may be moving in. So, we headed back toward CF and decided on Rancho Del Sol again for our last meal on island. We again had the tomato/mozzerla salad as an appetizer and for our main course we shared the sea scallops. The scallops were great, but the presentation was ever better. The meal was served on a large clear glass plate shaped like a fish, the dinner included rice, and a vegetable medley, very tasty! $45

Final Day Monday 6/28: Spent the last few hours lounging by the pool at CF. Picked up by ?? from Justice and traveled to airport, checked in, had a jerk steak sandwich/fries from the restaurant upstairs. Flew into Miami and had no problems there whatsoever. Found a nice Cuban cafe right outside the Mariott Airport (Sabre ??) that served great sandwiches, highly recommended if you are ever near there. Overall a great trip!

I really want to thank everyone at TTOL for all the answers to my questions before we left. It helped a lot to know some things to do, not to do, etc. It was great meeting fellow TTOLers JimCandD and Sun4MnM who were also staying at CF and did the P&P trip. We had a great time with you guys! We definitely enjoyed SXM (probably more so than Jamaica) and will most likely be heading back again!

[Linked Image]