Well here I am back from such a wonderful two weeks in Cane Garden Bay [Linked Image] I arrived on Beef Island July 26, was whistled through immigration by my fav immigration officer and met by my two good friends Amy and Emperor with a cold Carib in hand for me [Linked Image] . I had a quick look around and onward ho we went to CGB. We took the Ridge Rd and we slowed down to see the great wall of the BVI. I made a mental note to myself to go back and take pictures later on. I had a quick check in to Quitos and then I was off to Myetts for a going away party for my friend Aloe leaving the BVI for Australia and school in Seattle. Met Aloe many years ago when she worked at Myetts and wish her luck...I enjoyed the barbeque at Elm with friends then off it was to Quitos...Now I'm on a quest here as I'm looking for a Monica look alike aka Jessica amd a quick question to Japheth and he takes me right to her. Was great meeting her and her friend Kim and I had a great time seeing old friends,Astrid and Vera fr Germany,Linda, Toni, GT and the regulars at Quitos and meeting new ones.Seen Mary Lou as well (belated happy birthday Aug 9) and met Malcolm (manpot), that guy never left the dance floor I don't think. After I think one too many Caribs if that is possible I had to retire after a long day to my room...<br>July 27<br>Not the greatest sleep but force myself to get up and get out and not waste that beautiful sunshine.After a power walk I feel so much better and hit the beach thinking a dose of Atlantic aspirin might feel good as well. Relaxed all day on the beach enjoying happy hr with the gang then after we headed down to festival village for the local calypso show. The village was set up pretty much the same with the booths set around the stage but if you asked a local they would say it had more flags . Met up with my friends Annie and Magic and I was asked to help out one of the acts on stage. So off I go to play the tourist and have my purse snatched and be assured by a policeman that they will find the culprit (all in good fun) Calpyso was the way the locals would communicate and the songs are very political. Then it was back down to end off the night with dancing at Quitos.<br>July 28<br>Better sleep last night as I didn't overdo the Caribs. Do you get the feeling I like that stuff? Did my power walk then enjoyed a great day at the beach and had lunch with Jessica and Kim, then off to the Big Banana for happy hr with the gang. Enjoyed dinner at Elvets with Shadow, Jenny and her Mom fr France then off for the evening to Bombas with friends. After greeting Bomba I noticed my license plate I left last year is gone [Linked Image] . Anyone ever remember seeing it Nova Scotia plate TORTOLA???? Was a quiet night for Bombas so headed back to Quitos where it was karoke night. Now folks I have to tell you our Jessica can sing as well as her friend Kim and it was also fun to hear Nicki , Fitzroy & Japheth and Vincent whom we all know can sing fr Xtreme...As the evening ended I had to say so long to Jessica until next time ...<br>July 29<br>Up and out for my walk by 8am..love walking and greeting all the locals enjoying the beautiful morning. I enjoyed another quiet day at the beach with my friends and tonight we went to the Road House for dinner. I had rack of lamb [Linked Image] and it was wonderful ! The owners are Cherry and Rick...she used to work at Quitos and he was a chef at the Sugar Mill ..we will be back !! Back to Myetts for a late drink and it was an early night for me...<br>July 30<br>Up early and out for my walk....sat on the beach all day with the girls. Met Gina and Nancy fr Seattle whom have been coming back for a good many years too. Happy hour at the Big Banana then dinner at Quitos tonight and we stayed as Quito was solo. I met Lydia tonight fr TTOL...she had discribed herself as short and hubby being tall so I took a guess and walked up and introduced myself. Was a pleasure meeting her and her family and I know they were having a great time. My friend Sheila arrived tonight and it was good seeing her again and all us girls just kinda took over the dance floor dancing and singing with Quito. And you know what? I think he was having fun too !!<br>July 31<br>Another wonderful day in paradise. Went for my walk and then picked up my jeep at International. Alway rent from them as I get a great vehicle and I think a good rate. Did some shopping while in Road Town and then back to CGB and had lunch at Stanleys with friends. Happy hr started at Myetts and ended up ay Rhymers where I met a couple fr Toronto. Its always good to talk to someone fr home. Dinner was at the Elm tonight and we met up with our friend Betty fr LA a wonderful beautiful lady I met about 4 yrs ago during festival. Its always great when people go back the same time every year as its just like old home week. Later we went to Bombas as Xtreme was playing then called it an early night.<br>Aug 1<br>Today not only being the first of the month but believe it or not it was my first trip to White Bay after all these years. Yes I had been to Jost but just seemed to get as far as Foxys ...Eight of us went in Glens water taxi and spent an absolutely heavenly day over there. So now I can say I have had a pain killer fr the Soggy Dollar [Linked Image] There were alot of boats there that day and close to shore ...We had lunch of fish cooked at One Love Bar by Seddy and served on his fine china (sea grape leaves) which was excellant. We all just had a great day and hated to see the taxi come get us so we all plan to do it again next week before I leave. Tonight we ate at Palms at Carrot Bay and I had the chicken in ginger wine. It was highly recommended and tasted great. Then back to Quitos for Astrid and Veras last night. Its always great to see everyone every year but sad to say goodbye ...just a wonderful day!!<br>Aug 2<br>Another beach day !! Thought I would check out the communications center at Myetts. They had high speed installed and is $5.00 plus .35 a min...Drove out to Beef Is this aft to pick up another friend , got caught in 5 o'clock traffic. I decided to stop at the Riteway while I'm there and back to CGB for me...Tonight was reggae night in the village. Barrington Levy was the top bill and he did and excellant show. Funny Quito doesn't play although he has in previous years but not these past two. One thing we find strange is that the crowds are not responsive to the acts . Tortolans just stand around and watch and rarely applaud. I think we tourists enjoyed the shows and we let them know it Such great music not be be wasted so we stayed and danced till 4am [Linked Image]<br>Aug 3<br>Ok so today I slept in a little but was still out on the beach for most of the day enjoying the sun...had happy hour at Big Banana then off we went to the International Calypso show at the village. Tonight the place was packed and the crowd was very responsive. Flags flying everywhere...it was hard just to stand around so we all hopped in the jeep and went out to Bings for a couple hours until he put us out as he wanted to go into the village himself so back we all went. Imagination was playing then, a great band so we all danced till about 5am when the music stopped . What fun we had!!<br>Aug 4<br>Well today is my 50th birthday and there was nowhere else I wanted to be but here. I had calls fr work and home (wake up calls I might add) and after just a few hrs sleep another rough day at the beach.. Had a lovely lunch at Myetts and we did happy hr at Quitos and then dinner. I had always hoped to be at Quitos the night of my birthday but he was off island so we went to Bombas and what a surprise!! He had a huge birthday cake for me, champagne and cooler of beer. What a sweetheat !!What a fun night with all my friends there...From there we headed into the village as this is our all nighter, We partied at the village all night until it was time for jouvet then we followed Xtreme dancing so full of energy. If you ever get to festival you need to experience it ...its alot of fun !! Back to CGB to catch a few hrs sleep.<br>Aug 5<br>Didn't I just get to bed?[Linked Image] Well back we go to Road Town for the parade. We find a spot by Mr Fritz and wait for it to come by. At least we were in the shade , could eat and drink until it was time. Lets see it was supposed to start at 1pm but it was about 3:30 pm when it came by us . Nothing unusual about that, this is Tortola . The parade was as good as last year ...floats, bands, huge feathered costumes and the best the mocko jumbies. We all followed the procession into the village after where we enjoyed music and great food. We left before the fireworks display and enjoyed a quiet evening at Myetts with friends.<br>Aug 6<br>Up early and had breakfast at Rhymers. Everyone was off to the races today at Sea Cows Bay but Betty and I enjoyed a relaxing day at the beach. Had a lovely lunch at Indigo House with GTand happy hr at the Elm and Big Banana. Tonight we all had dinner at Sebastions and then went to Bings where I danced the night away and while everyone went to the jouvet at East End I slept in the car these late night catching up with me I think ....<br>Aug 7<br>Took the jeep back today. I hardly drove it so next time I won't bother getting one. Just hung out on the beach today with Betty, did my power walk as I need energy here. Brenda arrived today and if you know Brenda she has to be about the most spiritual person I know. A beautiful lady !! We were having happy hr at the Elm when a system came through, thunder and lightening and the power went out. Thank goodness for generators ...we all had dinner at Big Banana , went up to Bombas and everyone was yawning we called it a night....<br>Aug 8,<br>My last full day <br>[Linked Image]but what a wonderful one. All us gals plus one guy 10 of us to White Bay again. A tad big choppier ride but fun nevertheless. A round of painkillers for everyone upon arrival and then just relaxed in the sunshine with frequent stops to the bar for Carib. We had lunch again down at One Love and sadly left about 6pm...Dinner tonight was again at the Road House , another excellant meal and then back to dancing at Quitos until 2am...<br>Aug 9<br>[Linked Image] how quickly the time passes and its over. It doesn't seem to matter how long I stay I never want to leave and each time I leave I leave a piece of my soul at Cane Garden Bay. I was up early to do my last walk on the beach , feeling the sand between my toes , hearing the gentle lapping of the water taking everything into sight of this place I love so much. Sadly saying goodbye to Sheila , Brenda and Betty, I head to Beef Is with Amy and Emperor .But I got to go to come back so I booked 2 wks in Feb again ....<br>[Linked Image] It was great guys ....and I love you all !