Just got back from a fabulous dinner at the "New" Brandywine Bay. We had been putting off trying it because we liked Davide and Cele's style so much and were afraid we would be disappointed. We now regret not trying it much earlier. Eric and Cecile are charming and personable and have their own style which we found delightful.

While Eric and Cecile are French and you can see a French influence in the food, I would not describe it as simply French. Eric has cooked in many places and has his own unique style.The menu is varied and I think it is fair to say there is something for everyone. A number of great starters and for main courses there are many fresh fish dishes but there is also chicken, duck, beef, pork, and lamb on the current menu. The preparations are varied and imaginative but nothing ultra modern or strange. The sauces are subtle but flavorful and everything is cooked to perfection. If you were pleased with Davide's style you will be just as pleased with Eric's. Desserts were excellent also and the Creme Brulee with ginger was to die for.

The wine list is very nice with not so many choices as to get confusing but a nice selection priced from $20/bottle to more than that! We had a bottle of Chablis for $45 that was excellent.

There were 2 of us and we each had a glass of Champagne, a starter, main course, wine, and dessert and the bill was $203 which included a 15% service charge. The service was good and the servers were very pleasant and we left a little bit more than the included 15%.

Overall it was a great evening and we made reservations to go back on Tuesday!

For anyone who has been hesitant to try the new place I would suggest you head over there and see for yourself.

rm3