I lost track of days so this is a summary of our trip from when I last posted. Nascar is running again (so I guess I posted 1 week ago) & the weather is rainy so here I sit.

As I said the weather has been real iffy this trip. It has been real wet on the French side - especially around OB. We got chased off the beach twice - and we're veterans so a wimpy little shower doesn't faze us - but we are talking hard rain squalls & lots of cold wind. Woke up today (the last day of the Regatta) to some pretty hard rain - which has been off & on all day. No beach time at all.

Even with the Regatta the traffic hasn't been all that bad, even in P'burg. We did our one trip & stopped at Rima's & DK Gems. Saw Deepti, Raj, Kamal & everyone else. Looked at some beautiful bracelets & this stunning canary diamond ring that Deepti designed - but then Don asked me if I could drive the ring around town - reminding me we need to buy a new car this year. So I don't think baubles are going to be packed in my suitcase this year! Went to the Marigot market looking for some unique gifts & was moderately successful. I was much more succssful at Laguna Blue, a store next to Tropicana in the marina that sells Murano glass jewlery.

Didn't go out on a spectator boat for the Regatta this year, instead we sat on the Flamingo Beach & watched the race - tons of spinnakers were out this year and it was beautiful.

I was successful in finding new resturants this year - we "experienced" Temptations this year, Deepti recommended we go & highly suggested we get the Onion soup & the chocolate cobbler dessert. As the wait staff was pouring my drink, I reminded Don of Deepti's suggestions & all I needed to do was mention her name - not that I was trying to drop her name, but when the waiter heard her name that was all it took - throughout the evening (which was totally delightful - more on that when I review the food after I get home) the hostess stopped by the table a couple of times & Dino himself came out to welcome us as friends of Deepti. I was impressed - but I should have known - and Deepti's recommendations were spot on - absolutely fabulous - and we will go back - we were so impressed we plan to go to Rare before leave.

We only have 6 days left - we may need to extend the trip to a solid 3 weeks next year! Even with the iffy weather I'm loving it!!!!!

MB