Day 8

The sun streams in and sleep washes away with the flow. Each morning I can't help but hear Elbow's song in my head...
Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right.

With that thought, the bakery boy is off for breakfast.

Driving back I watched all the local kids heading off to school-- I take it it is in Cul de Sac. Coming back through the gates of this residence, I passed another kid that I suppose is French -- looks around 15 or so -- waiting for a ride too. He's wearing a dark red polo shirt TUCKED INTO a pair of long black trousers. I suspect he's not going to the same school as the other kids I saw.

Our food stocks were running low and I was sent out, yet again. Today's useful tip is that US Market doesn't carry fresh milk, like the Grand Marche does. Instead, I picked up some UHT(?) stuff, all the way from France. It will be OK for coffee.

And so, yet another glorious day wound on. The Goddess and I swam, enjoyed each other and dozed our way through the afternoon, fueling ourselves with cheese, wine and lust. Then came the jolting shock of the news of the Danburys tragic accident. Life can be so cruel and unfair. I may be basking in the Caribbean but life still sucks sometimes.

For dinner, we made our way to Le Temple de la Déesse, where we had a simple Spaghetti Carbonara. To my mind, it was over-rich. The chef probably used too heavy a cream. Our dinners each evening have been pretty good but this one was only so-so. The place is, great, the small staff are spectacularly attractive, especially the sex-bomb who set the table, but the dish had a couple of wrong notes. Oh well, everyone has an off night.

The evening's fun movie was Love and Other Drugs. Lots of eye-candy and a few good laughs but I doubt I'll ever be able to watch The Princess Diary in the same way again.

As usual, we have been feeding the mosquitos a lot this evening. We notice that when the sun goes down the humidity level jumps and the little buggers appear. Off helps but not a lot. At the same time, I notice that the bumps don't last very long and the itching goes pretty quickly whereas at home the bits can bug me for days after.

And so to bed after an oddly flat day to love and appreciate each other.

[Linked Image]