I’m going to try the mini reports for this trip and may even be brave enough to attempt to post some picture but I know I may be crying out for help! And so the story begins…..

Don & I flew Jet Blue direct out of Boston for the 1st and definitely not the last time. Checked the luggage curbside for $2/bag and it was worth it – essentially no lines. We got the extra big seats & had expedited security & were the 1st on the plane. Landed 20 minutes early, breezed thru immigration, a bit of a delay for the luggage but it all arrived & we were off to Unity for our car & Sharon’s for the phone. Sharon is now delivering to Unity which we didn’t know but will take advantage of in March.

Check in at the Flamingo Beach Resort was the speediest ever – they even found my reservation right away. This Nov. trip is an extra one for us – we got a gift certificate for 2 weeks from Diamond Resort last April cuz of some problems we experienced during our March stay. We are able to stay in the unit we own in March which makes me happy. And what made me even happier was to learn that Building 3 & 4 are getting refurbished over the next week. Andrea, one of the Housekeeping supervisors (and a delightful woman!) told us they were replacing the sleep sofa, chair, lamps, mattress, kitchen appliances & washer/dryer. Plus adding 42” flat screens. The detail is for those who own at FBR. Our unit has already been painted. The rooftop terrace is still a mess, we are in building 4, but there is a new grill & hot tub cover. The resort also has a new manager from Germany – Chris is his name.

We went to Market Garden for our start up groceries cuz the traffic starting at Billy Folly Rd towards the hill was at a standstill. Prices were a bit high but we got what we needed. Speaking of traffic, coming from the airport we breezed thru Simpson Bay, but then it came to a dead stop at Billy Folly and crawled along.

Went to Pineapple Pete’s for dinner. Mark was there instead of Pete & he is a charmer! He told me traffic was really impacting their business – during the day they are down 50-75% and at night they get 1 to 1 ˝ turns instead of their usual 2-3. And that the construction was going on for the next 8 weeks. It took us 15 minutes from the bottom of Billy Folly to get to Pete’s. Food was only OK, if it was my 1st time there I might not have it on my list for a return.

Weather is hot & humid – and sunny. Don is distraught however – no coconut ice cream to be found. We will have to venture out a bit further tomorrow!

MB