Day 5 was just stupendous! After coffee we headed out for Orient Beach to spend the day. Went up over the hill to get there (took 30 minutes and no real traffic – got held up a couple of times in the construction zone – I predict another 8 weeks of work based on what I saw) & returned to the Flamingo via Marigot & the Lowlands – took about 20 minutes longer on the return but no traffic stops. It was a beautiful day at Orient; breezy & sunny, warmish water with some wave action. The beach is narrower than I have seen in a couple of years. We parked by Pedro’s who had a ton of chairs out – many of them new ones. In front of Club O you could get 2 rows, but that was with the 1st row right on the edge of the water. In front of Andy & Cheryl’s they had 3 rows of chairs but they were literally right on top of each other. The beach had some seaweed but not much. There were 2 big ships in port and the beach was busy but not insane.

Had a late lunch at Andy & Cheryl’s – mussels for me & Shrimp Caesar salad for Don. As usual we sat at a table with total strangers & talked the whole time. There is something about that place that just makes people seem a bit more open. Cheryl & Adrian were as usual, welcoming, friendly, outgoing, remembering us from many past visits.

We stopped at the grand Marche in Puerto Coupecoy & all is right with the world once again – Don found his coconut ice cream – only one container but he’s happy. Drove by the Blue Mall monstrosity & there were a bunch of workers there but not much else – sure doesn’t look anywhere near ready to open to me. Golf course looked the best I have ever seen it – green, freshly mown, with some rough designed into the cut. And it was all grass – not grass & sand. And a bunch of people were playing it.

At the Flamingo they are still hard at work dong the refurbishing of Villa 3. I get the sense it is taking way longer per unit than they thought it would – you should see how they get the heavy appliances up some contraption to the balconies & then into the unit. For those who asked in a previous post – nope all the tables & wood furniture is staying, and yes the drawers still do not pull out easily. I just picked up a notice they are starting on the B villas in building 4 tomorrow. That’s us and I think I’m gonna volunteer our unit be 2nd – they can work out the bugs of getting the stuff up to the 3rd floor on some other unit!

Still have to decide about tonight – personally I’m good with fruit & cheese & then a spot of blackjack later on….

MB