|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 610
Joined: April 2003
|
|
|
17 members (FantasyFrank, cbinparadise, SXMScubaman, Marie, StMartinFan, RatmansWife, Bella, JeanneB, DBESXM, Lindbergh, BHK, Jimgraham, PmB, JandIrene, roosterhead, sxmpete, S/Y Mockingbird),
387
guests, and
61
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
The WillyT has absolutely nothing to do with land based future development on Norman Island. It was about removing a competitor to Pirates via the government. G
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 283
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 283 |
I remember "swearing" I would never go back to Saba Rock after they tore down old Pirates and built what I proclaimed a monstrosity on the rock. I probably boycotted for a year or so but then checked it out and while I missed the old place, I learned to enjoy the new place and went back every year. I think the same thing about Billy Bones, old Cooper etc. Truth is the BVI is paradise compared to almost most other places I sail and I am on vacation, on a boat generally with my best friends and/or closest loved ones, it is ALL awesome!!! So while we will lament what just happened and I am in agreement with you, I suspect in a few years "most - sailors are a stubborn lot" we will learn to love in all in a new way  Cheers!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040 |
I remember "swearing" I would never go back to Saba Rock after they tore down old Pirates and built what I proclaimed a monstrosity on the rock. I probably boycotted for a year or so but then checked it out and while I missed the old place, I learned to enjoy the new place and went back every year. I think the same thing about Billy Bones, old Cooper etc. Truth is the BVI is paradise compared to almost most other places I sail and I am on vacation, on a boat generally with my best friends and/or closest loved ones, it is ALL awesome!!! So while we will lament what just happened and I am in agreement with you, I suspect in a few years "most - sailors are a stubborn lot" we will learn to love in all in a new way  Cheers! Not me. I have never cared for the beach in front of Billy Bones/Pirates. Too still and too many flies. We ate and drank there until the price of a Bushwacker went to $15. Painkillers at $12! Come on. I don't mind paying a premium when in paradise but I don't like getting ripped off. We will skip the Bight except as a day trip for snorkeling.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|