I recently returned from a too short week on Cane Garden Bay. I will get the housekeeping out of the way first. I stayed 3 nites at Quito's Ole Works Inn because Sunset Apts was not available. The view of the bay from room #117 is spectacular.
The room is tired and the stairs (36 of them) are killers. It could use new carpet, new beds and some comfortable seating. For the other 5 nites I moved down the beach to Columbus Sunset Apartments. What a contrast! A bedroom with 2 comfortable beds, galley kitchen with full apartment size refrig/freezer and stove, sitting area and cable TV. It is across the road and down a short path to the beach at the "quiet" end of CGB. There is a view from the upper balcony of the water thru the trees. Most of the people who stay there return year after year and it is a community rather than a hotel room. I enjoyed it so much in the few days I was there that I booked 2 weeks next February. - Thanks for the recommendation Bruce.

Now the fun. I finally timed my visit for Kapeye at Myett's happy hour where I met Malcom and Candace (and a slew of other regulars) and joined the IRS (International Rythm Section). All the fun everyone says it is. Down the beach for Quito.
He was serving dinner downstairs and the nites that he played, the tables were all filled and most diners stayed for the music. Elm BBQ - Yum! The Elmtones were not playing - one was off island. I did my best to supply Green VI with green bottles for recycling.
Most days I spent hanging on and around the beach. I spent one day at Smugglers.

There was a fairly large crowd on the beach. Cheeseburger and potato salad at Patricia's.

The weather for the week was generally good. We usually had a shower overnite, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The sea kicked up Super Bowl nite and several dingys broke free from the dingy dock and piled up on the beach. The dock took a beating, too.

On Monday the surfers were on the point.

Of special interest this time was finding WiFi because my daughter was going to Haiti at the same time to take the twins she adopted home and I wanted to keep up with what was happening. I am thrilled to say that all went well and they are in Phoenix adjusting to being a family and all the new experiences that coming to America has to offer. I digress, WiFi from Ole Works Inn was readily available from Lighthouse Villas (LightHV) no password required. The Elm has WiFi but only works if you sit at the Happy Table outside under the umbrella. I don't remember the connection name but the password is "lemonade". Myett's free WiFi was usually up and running - no password required. I am told that Sailors Rest above the dingy dock also has WiFi but I did not try it.

If it is convenient to leave from RT rather than WE, the Road Town Fast Ferry is a much more comfortable ride for the same price. All my AA flights down (DTW-MIA-SJU-EIS) and back (STT-MIA-DTW) were on time and my luggage arrived with me.

Norma