Day 9: light am shower then beautiful then beautiful double rainbow. I have been amazed with the rainbows here. I had seen all of your pictures here, but real-life is better! Headed to le gallion beach. We stopped at a little gas station/shop in baie nettle and got the best apple pastries for breakfast. We absolutely LOVED le gallion! Rented chairs at tropical wave and had the best day. The water is shallow to way out. The surf was just right for us. Several local families there, since it was Sunday, but all very personable. We loved the shaded areas with picnic tables also. John is fair-skinned and has had several skin cancers removed, so some shade is very important for him. I am the sun queen, so this beach was perfect. We walked and swam far out and saw many fish in the crystal clear water. There was a beautiful black lab there that entertained us all by playing with a crab and the playing fetch with all the kids.

Got a tuna sandwich on baguette with fries at tropical wave for lunch with several adult beverages- one sandwich was big enough for both of us. We loved watching the board sailors and parasailors further out.. We spent the rest of the walking the beach and letting sand gravity take place. This became our favorite beach.

Then we went to grand case- this place was really fun. We got dinner at scoobies. John had bbq pork chops, seasoned veggies, mixed salad. I had grilled mahi mahi, rice and peas, veggies, and salad. We got fried plantains and fish johnny cakes to share. With 2 foofoo drinks and 1 beer- $34. There was live music and a very festive atmosphere. We had parked in the public lot and when we came back there were several teenish boys laid out on our - as well as the car next to us- car. They got down when we came to the car and didn’t say anything. We couldn’t see any damage, but just a heads up to be aware. Of course we had left the car empty. Back to sapphire and coctails on the balcony. Very good day.

Day 10: another light shower in am with 2 double rainbows. Breakfast in of foie gras pate on crepes and fresh mango with greek yogurt. Off to grand case for the day. Found a wonderful little café- brassirie des isle for lunch. We shared a ham, mushroom, swiss, and herb crepe that was huge and came with salads and baguette. It was awesome. With coffe and water bill was $17. The chef there is from Normandy and crepes are one of his specialities. They have an extensive menu. The day we were ther, there were plats da jour of several offerings including homemade lasagna( we saw him making the sauce and red wine flew freely), steak béarnaise, and others for 10 euros. We will definitely return next visit. Spent the afternoon at calmos. Chairs and umbrellas 5 euros- free with lunch. The waves got a little rough, but water nice. I picked up quite a bit of green seaglass and shells. Had a couple of frozen calmos (quite tasty) and beers. it’s a nice peaceful place and we will return.

Got dinner to go at lolos. John got skys the limit: ribs, mac and cheese, peas and rice, and pasta. I had rib shack: grilled tuna steak, peas and rice, salad. We also got garlic shrimp and conch stew for next days lunch and of course some fish cakes. Stopped at brassire on the way out for caramel ice cream with butter, and sea salt-OMG! Back to sapphire in time for managers welcome party: live music, free drinks, and socialization with other visitors. Tried to eat dinner on balcony, but too windy. So, dinner inside , then coctails on balcony. Another great day.

[Linked Image]