Just going over the highs - no real lows, if that's possible? USAir got us there this time, and made the RTFF at 4:15 - which actually left at 5:00 - they held it for people still showing up from the airport. Waited 1 hour at C&I, oh well, then on to Sunsail. It's been years since we used them, and I have to echo Patrick - their customer service was great! Took them 15 minutes to check me in and have us on our boat, a 444 named Shazam. This was our first cat, and we are hooked for life! Very comfortable, A/C is a gift. Boat sailed well, had 20-25 winds all week, this thing is just made for vacationing.
Bobby's was on-time, had it all, Caribbean Cellars was a little late - party weekend, no problems. Missed Doggy, our crew had a different agenda; hit Leverick Bay first night out, happy hour at Jumbies was loads of fun.
Next day up to Anegada, here's where it got interesting. There was a couple with a 38' mono in front of us, and as winds picked up he lost control of his jib - for like 5-10 minutes! Got it back together, then we followed them on up. There was another cat ahead of them, and we were bringing up the rear. After passing the second red, instead of following the boat ahead of him he turned straight to the anchorage - and of course went aground! Was moving slowly enough to back off, and then followed us around the green and in. Was he done? NOPE! Then went out in the dinghy, and coming back hit the swim platform hard enough to almost throw the wife off; sorry, but you oughta learn a little about Anegada before heading there - at least where the channel is?
We were met in the anchorage by Barry from Whistling Pines, who talked me into bringing the crew there for dinner - GREAT advice! I have eaten at most of the restaurants there, but his lobster was the greatest ever. Watched the space station pass over as we ate, just a great night.
Spent the next day at Cow Wreck doing nothing. My son Andy played with Ricky, they both had a great time, and Belle was her usual wonderful self. Next day we headed to Trellis for the full moon; absolutely great sail, 25 kts on the beam, I now see what cats are good at! Got one of the last moorings, and watched the latecomers wander through looking in vain - kinda like being in a mall parking lot at Thanksgiving. Loved the fireballs, shopped at Aragorn's, always a fun stop.
On the 4th we went over to JVD, grabbed a ball in Great Harbor, cabbed it to Soggy Dollar with Endrick, KC's brother, then had a fantastic dinner at Corsair's. Vinny was there, and made the evening fun. Got caught in a downpour in the dinghy back, then watched fireworks on the USVI while in a thunderstorm - pretty cool!
Next day over to CGB, had a cheeseburger at Stanley's, then went in for Quito that night. Small crowd, and Quito was very relaxed and having fun. Spent time talking with Fitz's son Braeton who now tends bar there - really a fun guy.
Last day out, off to Cooper Island. There were the smoothest seas we saw all week - at first! When we came through Soper's, it got a little rowdy, and I tried to stay over in the lee of the islands. Grabbed a ball, hit happy hour, then another really good dinner. Sat up that night watching Tortola shut down, and braced for turn-in day.
Like I said, Sunsail is on their game - we were met by a pilot who I was glad to see - it was crowded, my first cat, and I did not want to put any scratches on Shazam. He put it into a space at the head of the dock that I could not hit in five weeks. Checked us out, unloaded, and headed to STT. We spent that night and most of the next day at the Island Beachcomber, right down from the airport. Not expensive, nice beach, good food at the beach bar, a good way to break up the trip home.
Bottom line, our best ever sailing trip - we will definitely be back on a 444, hopefully Shazam, next year. Saildoggie, you were dead right, cats are the way to do it. And to Patrick, thanks for the early info on the 444 - that sucker is just fun!

"Confidentially, I've had these problems with the tides before"