Day 7 Saturday, July 28th -- Our seventh day on the island:

Good evening from Mont Vernon. Well, one week ago today, we arrived on the island. Why is it that when you are waiting for your trip to start the weeks and days drag on and on, but once you arrive, they seem to fly by so quickly. Before we know it it’ll be time to pack up our stuff, give up our studio, and beginning the journey back to central Illinois. And with that we will have to say goodbye to our little piece of heaven -- until next year. But, we will take with us the fond memories of our trip, and new friends we have made.

For us the ideal vacation is getting away from the drudgery of work, deadlines, phone calls, emails, and everything else that demands our attention day in and day out. That’s why the only plans we make when coming to Saint Martin is:

1) When are going
2) Where are we staying
3) How are going to get around
4) how are going to get there and back

That’s it. Everything else, once we are here is spur of the moment. If we want to go exploring, we will. If we want to do nothing but sit on the beach and soak up some sunshine, sea spray, then that’s what we do. So far this trip, “Sand Gravity” has been the hands down winner, and we have schumbed to it’s inexoriable force to draw us to the beach and keep us there.

So once again today I rose before the first rays of light, while Diana continued her blissful slumber . After my morning routine of watching the sun peak above the horizon, and the gulls gracefully soaring above the waves, looking for breakfast, it dawned on me that I probably could use something to eat myself. So I wandered into the kitchen, made coffee, and had part of a baggett. For me the simple things in life seem to make the happiest, so with this very simple meal, I was indeed happy.

Later we made our daily trek to the beach, and like they say, the rest is history. Our day was sun, swim, drink, repeat. I know you must find us terribly boring, and seemingly “stuck in a rut”, but really we’re not, it’s just what we choose to do. I know people come to the island for many reasons. For some it’s the nightlife, for others it’s the food, and still others for as many reasons as there are people who visit. However, for us it’s the beach. So That’s what we do...

We did a bit of snorkeling again today off of the beach. Here are a few photos from today’s session. Nothing spectacular to see, but it was fun.

[Linked Image]
SDC11769 by dfberns, on Flickr
[Linked Image]
SDC11767 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
SDC11768 by dfberns, on Flickr

FOR TTOL MEMBER INDI:

Here are some photos of our studio

[Linked Image]
_IGP0012 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0011 by dfberns, on Flickr