Day 6 Friday, July 27th -- Our sixth day on the island:

Good evening from Mont Vernon!!

Wow, it’s hard to believe that we have been here for six days already. Diana and I have had such a good time so far, and we looking forward for another fantastic week here, before we head home to resume our everyday life of family, jobs, and day to day living. Don’t get me wrong we love our life at home, but it’s not the same as life on Saint Martin, nor would we want it to be. If it were, then we wouldn’t have somewhere to escape to for a while, to recharge.

Life down here is different, not necessarily better than at home, but different, and to us that is part of the magic we feel each time we visit. As we explore this island, we can only marvel at the beauty it has to offer.

Likewise, we can’t help but wonder about the some of the people we see during our trips out and about. Who are they? What do they do for a living? Are they happy? Do they travel to foreign lands? Do they marvel at the beauty of their homeland?

[Linked Image]
_IGP0023 by dfberns, on Flickr

Well, enough of my contemplations...

Today, we needed to lay in more provisions so after a another fantastic sunrise, we had light breakfast of eggs, toast, and coffee we headed off.

[Linked Image]
_IGP0001 by dfberns, on Flickr

As we always do during a re-provisioning sortie, we headed first to Maho, and the Sunset Beach Bar for a morning of airplane watching, a few drinks and some lunch.

Being a pilot myself, I’m well aware of the aerodynamics, and physics that make flight possible. But it still amazes me that these behemoths actually fly!!! I’m sure that Diana is not nearly as enthused with watching airplanes as I am, but bless her heart she tolerates my this one, of my many obsessions.

[Linked Image]
_IGP0155 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0136 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0137 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0085 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0053 by dfberns, on Flickr

After the last of the “Big Iron” or as I call the the “Aluminum Overcast” had arrived, we had lunch and headed to the Grand Marche, and got our supplies we headed back “home” to Mont Vernon. After we hauled our goodies up the hills we needed a drink, so we got back in the care and headed down to the Perch for a couple of Willie’s great drinks, and a couple of hours of beach time. Then it was back home again, for a dinner of chicken and rice, with a salad prepared by my loving wife.

After dinner we Skyped with family back home, and settled in for the evening watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.

Life is good..

Good evening from Mont Vernon -- Stay tuned for more of our continuing adventures on SXM.

Dave & Diana