Paul and I spent a wonderful month in SXM. Here goes for a try for a decent trip report!<br>I’m going to start this off with the flights…get that out of the way! Paul and I left Orlando on time via AA…arrived in Miami and they could not get the door of the plane open! After about 15 minutes they finally got it. We were taxied into Concourse A and at check-in were told our flight to SXM would depart from there. After finally getting off plane in Miami found we were to depart from Concourse E…oh boy…what a run to get there. Got there just about in time for our flight. Flight was uneventful, breezed through immigration, got our luggage and Lesley from Kenny’s was waiting for us with our car. Got the paper work done in 5 minutes and we were off to the Villas on Great Bay. This was our third time staying there. I know from the street they look like dumps but they are really lovely inside and the grounds are very nice and we have a beautiful view of Great Bay. On our return we checked in early…first ones there. Our checked luggage was hand searched and I had fingernail polish remover taken out. Flight to San Juan was fine. No problem with immigration or customs. We departed San Juan on time and taxied out and then stopped. After several minutes it was announced that there was a security breach in the airport and we could not take-off and sat on the tarmac for about ½ hour. Then we were told that TSA said we had to return to terminal and go through security again. From what we could see the whole terminal was evacuated and all the planes waiting to take-off had returned. It was very hectic and after finally going through security again and boarding the plane we took off about 2 ½ hours late. I suppose it could have been worse. We never did find out the security breach was.<br><br>We really just vegged out for the month! Spent a lot of time watching the sand grow!! Since it was Easter Week-end when we arrived a lot of places were closed. Good Friday we went to Baywatch and met up with Contessa and here crew. Had a nice lunch there…Paul raved about the mussels. We did go to Contessa’s party at Peg Leg and two of the Tuesday night get-togethers at Hot Tomatoes. Other than that we just loafed around. Hit Orient Beach that one time and only other beaches we went to were Mullet and Dawn which was extremely windy the several times we were there. <br><br>Highlights of our trip: meeting Dicky and Frank, Contessa, Jim and Janet, Dr. Jane, Adele (Keefus) and Robert, Barbara, Bill and Bobbie, J.D., wife and Patty, Bob! and Charlene, Vebkid, Pepcats, Milty and Doris, and of course…Deepti and Jeff! I know there were a lot others we met but names are not my thing! I should apologize to a lot of the people at Peg Leg as I was not being rude and ignoring them, I am deaf and did not realize when people were talking to me. Also it was hard to get the names at times. So anyone that I left off, please forgive me.<br><br>More Highlights: <br>Watching the three Carnival parades in front of our villa.<br>Seeing Warren again…we stayed next door to him for over 6 years.<br>Having lunch with Love and Milan (Jewels by Love, Marigot)<br> Layla’s…what a find…a gorgeous place with great food.<br>Driving around and seeing how great the island looks! Very green and loads of beautiful flowers!<br>Meeting up again with a lot of friends we had made in previous years.<br><br>To be continued........<br>

Annie

[Linked Image]