Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
8 members (charlie, Manpot, rpotter28, SXMScubaman, 4 invisible), 430 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
L
lches1 Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
L
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've gleaned a ton of helpful info from the forum in the past, so thanks for that.

We're getting ready to head down for a trip next week, and I'm looking over our plans. We've been a few times previously, but never before during a full moon, and I just now noticed that the night I had pegged to grab a mooring ball at Marina Cay will be the same night as the full moon party at Trellis. We have relatively young kids, and I'm not sure that we'd really head over to Trellis, but I am curious...how much trouble do you think I'll have grabbing a ball at Marina Cay? I know it can get a little crowded in the area on those full moon nights, but wasn't sure if anyone had any helpful info for me about how early the mooring field fills up this time of year.

Thanks!

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
I was just there at the last full moon on a 50ft Lagoon. There were a lot of mooring balls available at Marina Cay, so we grabbed one around 4:00p. We then sent 2 guys in a dingy to scout out balls in Trellis Bay. We found an open one behind pitiful Last Resort around 5:15, so look there first. If not, you will not have trouble finding one at Marina Cay. Have fun!

Last edited by SkipperChip; 06/21/2019 08:54 PM.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Also, the dinghy ride at night between Marina Cay and Trellis Bay, on Full Moon Night, should not be done with children if the water is choppy. IMHO.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5