Hopefully, I can get last weeks report out next week.<br><br>Trip Report 4/2 -4/9<br><br>Flights:<br>Flew AA. All flights arrived early, as much as 30 minutes early on the way home. I loved the new Super 80 plane, it is as roomy as they advertise it. Used the automated check in for the first time and liked it a lot.<br><br>Car Rental: <br>Denzil Clyne’s.We had a Suzuki Sidekick - hard top. When we arrived at the ferry dock someone was waiting to take us directly to Denzil’s, making the process quick, painless, and convenient. The small jeep was an automatic with 4 wheel drive and although it had seating for four, it would be too tight for more than 2. <br><br>Villa Rental:<br>I had a hard time deciding which agency to use, Purple Pineapple and Areana Villas were equally helpful and prompt in their responses to my emails. I ended up choosing Areana simply because they had presented Villa Taino as an option first. Persia met us at Denzil’s and we followed her husband to the villa. It was a pleasure working with her and would use them again.<br><br>Villa: <br>Villa Taino. Website1, Website2. The house was gorgeous with a stunning view. A perfect, romantic getaway. Three bedrooms, three baths, large open air terrace next to the pool. Very private setting in Belmont Estates (directly across the road from the Captain’s House). The master bedroom is set a few steps away from the main building, it is large and airy with a wrap around porch, very nice. Enjoyed the outside shower. I was quite conscious of security during the evenings and with no way to lock up the master bedroom we slept in one of the bedrooms in the main building. Even there we had to be careful to tightly shut the windows at ground level as there were no screens. <br><br>Provisioning:<br>We used Bobby’s spreadsheet (created by Capt DC) and placed a provision order for the house a week before we left home. Bobby’s delivered our groceries and liquor before we arrived. With a fully stocked kitchen we didn’t leave the house for the first two days. [Linked Image]<br><br>Eating and Drinking Out: <br>Elm Beach Bar.Jackie was at the bar making great drinks and serving them with a smile. We went Friday night and had the barbque. The food was very good, our waitress was kind, but very, very slow. Not sure what the problem was, they didn’t seem to be overwhelmed and appeared to have enough help. Reggie Georges was good, as always. Coco Plum. So good we went twice. The first time we I had the ribs and Jim had the blackened snapper and the cheesecake for dessert. The second trip I had Mahi Mahi and Jim had the stuffed chicken. The food was very good, the service was the best we had the entire week! Definitely our favorite. [Linked Image][Linked Image] BVI Steak, Chop & Pasta House. Dinner was not good, key lime mousse dessert was terrible. Service was fair and pleasant. Sopers Hole Pussers. We both had roti’s which were good, service was also good. Its just hard to beat the atmosphere in Sopers Hole. This little marina is one of my favorite on island spots. Nicole’s. Great cheeseburgers. I was disappointed when the bartender didn’t want to go to the trouble to fix me a Painkiller and suggested I have a beer. [Linked Image] Sebastian’s. Nice place. Bartender was very nice and pleasant, but mixed a terrible drink. We weren’t sure if there was actually any alcohol in the drinks. North Shore Shell Musuem. Egbert is just great. Good breakfast. Great Company. Atmosphere is priceless. And of course we came home with a shell wind chime.<br><br>Beaches: <br>Smugglers Bay.Went twice. Snorkeling was okay. Perfect for swimming and just floating. The lady with the beach bar was only there one of the two days we went and she gets my favorite painkiller award. (It helped that I drank it while standing and floating around in the water.) She also gets my vote for favorite bartender. Brewer’s Bay. Best overall beach. The snorkeling was very good on the west side. Since it is shallow it too is a good swimming beach. And I liked having the bathrooms available. Cane Garden Bay. We only came here late in the afternoon so we didn’t swim. I love walking, sitting and bar hopping on this beach in the afternoon, the evenings aren’t too shabby either. [Linked Image] Was disappointed to see the Elm closed on Monday. Is this new? It wasn't off-season yet. Long Bay. Very nice beach, but we didn’t spend much time here. Just took long walks. <br><br>Misc.: <br>Jim found a scorpion in on of our bathrooms one night. I handed him a box of tissues to whack it with but instead he took a tissue, picked it up, and promptly got stung. Sorry to say I wasn’t much help after that I was laughing too hard! His finger stayed swollen for the rest of the evening. I tried to pour a little vodka on it, but Jim was appalled and felt like it would be more beneficial to apply it internally.<br>Early one morning I was sitting by the pool reading, Jim was still sleeping, two policemen came walking up into the house. (as I said earlier there really are no doors, just all open air) (thank God I was somewhat dressed!) Apparently, the owners had asked them to keep an eye on the house since there had been a rash of villa burglaries. They were very nice and cordial. <br>It rained a lot! The mosquitoes drove Jim crazy, fortunately they never bothered me.<br>