It's long but the trip was great:

Sunday August 24

Two more couples left. Friends from last year Kelly and Kim arrived. Each year everyone says we’ll meet next year. Kelly and Kim are the only ones to do it. A big turtle has been out swimming right in front of the bar as well as some kind of ray, much argument as to what is was but it just swam around avoiding us. Had a fellow loose his breath and cramp up at the green entry marker. Bruce got out in a dinghy and got him back to the bar where a nurse was waiting with oxygen. All was well. Debbie from Rudy’s (also known as Debbie 3) came with a lady from Texas who is helping her get organized. Debbie is leasing Rudy’s and will be working hard to make a success. Over the last few years Rudy has lost interest in running the place. Debbie, Justine and others said they have trouble finding workers, they can get permits for them but there is no where to live on Yost. If you are looking for a job……………………

Rueben is back and playing on his own. A smaller crowd than last Sunday, they said the Chesney group was in again but I didn’t notice the same ladies being in attendance.

Herb encrusted filet.

Lightning, thunder and lot’s of rain for the night. A desert boy’s treat.

Monday August 25

A rainy day all day. No outside guest at the bar until 12:30 which I had never seen before. Very slow all day. What a treat having the place to myself. Toward the end of the afternoon several people came in, kids included. (I’ve never seen so many kids as I did on this trip). I noticed one of the guys and thought he looked familiar and one of the ladies though not as pretty as several others had a nice shape. Later that night they were in for dinner, a party of twelve. When I heard their name it clicked. The guy I noticed was Andrew Firestone of the Batchelor TV show. I didn’t see any of the shows but I did see him and the lady he selected on several interviews. One of the guests was a big fan and was quite excited. Unfortunately she was overhead by the Firestones commenting on them so they hastily called for the bill and left.

Tuesday August 26

Another slow day. Overcast til 2, no boats either. A very lazy day and I was greatful for it. Then the TTOL attack Jailerman, son and dad came. Jailerman aka Rick, his son (soon to go to boot camp) Evan and Grandpa Dick came by. They had been sailing a bit and had 2 weeks to go. They were followed by Blair and Emily (DiveBlair) who were a lot of fun and had some marvelous digital photos to show. They all stayed for dinner that night and had a great time. It was good to meet them. Several of us went out on the beach to Mars gaze. It was a star filled night and Mars stood out like a beacon.

What a veal chop. My bone was so heavy Trixie the dog had trouble dragging it away.

Wednesday August 27

Then the TTOL attack…………… Jailerman, son and dad came. Jailerman aka Rick, his son (soon to go to boot camp) Evan and Grandpa Dick came by. They had been sailing a bit and had 2 weeks to go. They were followed by Blair and Emily (DiveBlair) who were a lot of fun and had some marvelous digital photos to show. They all stayed for dinner that night and had a great time. It was good to meet them. Several of us went out on the beach to Mars gaze. It was a star filled night and Mars stood out like a beacon.

What a veal chop. My bone was so heavy Trixie the dog had. Several of us went out on the beach to Mars gaze. It was a star filled night and Mars stood out like a beacon.

What a veal chop. My bone was so heavy Trixie the dog had trouble dragging it away.

Thursday August 28

Mas Rain. Kim and Kelly left and not too many day trippers. All in all a good day in my book.

Saw Jeannius in but didn’t see anyone on shore. Later that night they were gone.

Friday August 29

Jeannius was back and late that afternoon I got to meet Mike and wife Jeanne. Their daughter and her friend were on shore earlier. That’s quite a boat they’ve go. Had a very pleasant conversation with them although they didn’t stay too long.

Chef Oliver’s night off. Got everyone to go to Sydney’s. We were the only one’s there, Harris was closed and the only customers at Abe’s were KC and a girlfriend (one of many he tells me). Most of us had lobster, they had some of the best cole slaw I ever had. Those who had the ribs raved over them. Again we had much to drink and got to dance under the stars. A magical evening. Stopped for drinks at Wendall’s World on the way back and ran into several of the local personalities. A great time was had by all.

Saturday August 30

My last day at Sandcastle. I have an early flight Sunday so will have to go over to Tortola for my last night. I didn’t seem to have enough umph to get going. Got my goodbye photo with Pinky and Tina. I’ll miss everybody.

Got lazy and ate at Maria’s. Most of the restaurants were closed anyway.

Sunday August 31

All flights on time, American got me home 10 min early luggage intact. I do like that extra leg room. Got home to a flurry of messages, my old sailing buddies and closest friends were out from Texas unexpectedly for a funeral and had Monday/Monday night available. There went my day to recover, shop do laundry, etc. But what a great time we had, I met them in the BVI when, at the time, they lived 2 miles from me here in California.

The staff at Sandcastle has always taken good care of me, two years ago I suffered from Heart Failure on Tortola right before coming over. They have always looked out for me while there and I appreciate them very much. Say hi for me when there. I’m tipping my drink to Bruce, Debbie, Tina, Gary, Claire, Jim, Allison, Oliver, KC, Windy, Mark (who just got married), Pinky, Selvina, Joan, Christine, Irvie, Lorna, Jacob and Trixie.

Taxi to Roadtown from airport $18 just me
Taxi to West End from Roadtown $10 with three others.
Taxi from West End to Roadtown $18 just me
Taxi from Roadtown to Airport $18 just me

It was particularly great meeting the TTOL’ers who dropped by.