Member Spotlight
tangerine3
tangerine3
Lutz, FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
12 registered members (Droner, LINNY, sailgclass, michaelj, steve74, xrayman67, SXMScubaman, Manpot, RickinAtlanta, 3 invisible), 830 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Cypress Cove email on virus #220616
03/14/2020 07:34 AM
03/14/2020 07:34 AM
PA
ChuckG Offline OP
Traveler
ChuckG  Offline OP
Traveler
PA
We are wintering at Cypress Cove and the following is an email from the General Manager about the Cove's response to the coronavirus. We plan to keep on enjoying nekkid life here except are skipping the dinner dances at Lakeside. Upper 80's all week!
Hope yall out in that real world stay safe!
Chuck
==================================================================================

Friends,

The last 24 hours has demonstrated the ever-evolving nature of the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic. Beginning with last night’s ban on inbound European travel (except the UK), we’ve watched as major league sports seasons were cancelled, we’ve sat atop a wild stock market roller coaster, and most recently, we’ve witnessed an unprecedented closure of Disney World and other major theme parks. It begs the question: What does the next 24 hours hold? Well, it would be a disservice if I said, “All is well, carry on about your daily routine.” Truth be told, there is a scary virus out there and we want it as far away as possible. Here’s how we protect ourselves, our friends and our loved ones.

First, make yourself familiar with the World Health Organization’s website, which can be found at https://www.who.int/. There you’ll find a treasure trove of information about the Coronavirus as well as a myth-busters FAQ page which can be found by clicking here.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/, is another fantastic point of reference. There you’ll find a 4-page infographic (click here) which illustrates the proper techniques to keeping workplaces, schools, homes and commercial establishments safe. You’ll want to visit the section entitled What You Should Know where there’s additional links to: Steps to prevent illness, What to do when sick, Symptoms, and a section called Older People & People with Chronic Diseases at Higher Risk. One could easily spend an hour or more on this website entranced by information… I speak from experience.

At Cypress Cove Nudist Resort, we have taken additional measures created in collaboration with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and the CDC):

Our department heads are receiving ongoing briefings.
We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including the lobby, door handles, exercise room, bathrooms, restaurants, etc.).
We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
At this time, all activities as noted in the weekly reminder, the monthly calendar of events, and the 2020 weekend planner are intended to continue as scheduled. We require that all attendees observe and adhere to protocols disseminated by the WHO and the CDC for health and hygiene. This statement will be re-evaluated should either organization make a determination affecting the capacity of any Cypress Cove Nudist Resort venue.

It’s challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most. We’ll continue to monitor this situation closely and provide updates as needed.

Many thanks,

Peter Sewall

General Manager

Cypress Cove Nudist Resort

Chuck and Joni
SXM Sponsors
Re: Cypress Cove email on virus [Re: ChuckG] #220747
03/14/2020 06:06 PM
03/14/2020 06:06 PM
P
PelicanPirate Offline
Traveler
PelicanPirate  Offline
Traveler
P
I read that post. Good to acknowledge but it is a resort drawing from all over with new people arriving daily. The Hadley’s have made 3 generations of great decisions and Peter too the last few years. They put out alligator signs up right after the disney incident a few years ago.Disney world is now closed. That should trigger some measures beyond extra hand sanitizer. Should they limit the fun to those already in the gate or v. Those folks can still come and go I suppose just as I can still go to Walmart, but at some new visitors day or otherwise is a risk to the living in population of the rv and trailer park.

I would cancel the dances and activities. Picking up sweaty pickle balls doesnt sound good to me.

Offer carry out food delivered to your room or golf cart or trailer or home. Remove and spreadout lounge chairs and spray them down each night.

Nudists are generally pretty clean, I think, but community spread inside the gate is likely and most nudist I know there are over 50.

Re: Cypress Cove email on virus [Re: PelicanPirate] #221544
03/17/2020 09:37 PM
03/17/2020 09:37 PM
P
PelicanPirate Offline
Traveler
PelicanPirate  Offline
Traveler
P
Well, I think they read this post because exactly all of it is being implemented except overnight guests are being accepted after filling a questionaire and I suppose it can be rejected. I think I accept anybody at the door or arriving by say Friday at midnight and cut it off. Any Europeans enroute have been stopped so most could be contacted to see if their visits can be rescheduled. To continue having new arrivals from all over the U.S. is not prudent.

But all the other steps were spot on with cancelling dances, sports, hot tubs, initiating carryout service , delivery and spacing chairs.

I know it is hard but unless you are locking them in a villa or rv for 14 days you are letting the bug in the door.

It is a great facility that may have the bug already, don’t compound it with new arrivals.

Extraordinary times equal extraordinary measures.

Re: Cypress Cove email on virus [Re: PelicanPirate] #224562
04/13/2020 06:30 AM
04/13/2020 06:30 AM
P
PelicanPirate Offline
Traveler
PelicanPirate  Offline
Traveler
P
They eventually were screening New Yorkers and others and now no outsiders coming in that aren’t already there.

Smart moves by smart people.