Just returned a few days ago from our 13 day stay on St. John. Had no issues with flights coming or going-US Airways-(can you believe it)? We rented vehicles and explored the entire island. For a thrill, take Route108 from down by Love City and drive up the mountain. What incredible views! If you don’t want the thrill, take 108 from TUTU’s silver and take the easy way!

Car Rental
St John Car Rental: can’t say enough good things about the customer service and vehicle! Outstanding!

Places we stayed
Kachira, Pastory Garden, Cruz Bay (4 nights just hubby and myself): Nice little condo in a good location and great price

Estate Fortsberg- Coral Bay-Windspree Vacation Rental (9 night stay-we were joined by 3 other couples –all family): WOW what a GREAT villa with amazing views. Everything was top notch and very very well maintained. Everything we needed was supplied. The beds were so comfortable and each bedroom was separate from the main part of the villa. The outdoor showers were amazing! Great outdoor space with pool and hot tub. If you’re looking for a 4 bedroom in Coral Bay, check this place out! The old fort is above the villa and the battory with the cannons still intact are below the villa. Neat piece of history with easy access

Beaches we visited:
The usual suspects-Cinnamon, Trunk, Hawksnest, Maho-my favorite-Jumbie, Salt Pond, Francis, Leinister-Waterlemon-good snorkeling and Haulover

Place we ate:
Candies Delight-Cruz Bay-great food and lots of it at an unbelievable low price!
Driftwood Davids:-Cruz Bay-again, great food
Aqua Bistro-wasn’t impressed
Miss Lucy’s-loved it! Full moon party with Reggae Express playing-love this band, and a wedding took place-so cool!
Skinny Leggs-loved it
Tourist Trap-loved it
Sputnik (beside the Donkey Dinner_-Ju Ju fixed us a special meal!
Shipwreck Landing-worst meal and service we had, sorry
Vie’s-went two times and both times she was closed, what a bummer!

Side trips:
Bad Kitty- not my cup of tea being herded like a bunch of cows, but I really wanted to see Cooper Island Beach Club, so I paid the price. Lunch here was OK, conch fritters were really good, hamburger was dried out and burnt. Also went to the Baths, which we had already saw twice and Jost Van Dyke. Had a good time with Foxy, boy that FireWater Rum is really HOT! Extremely disappointed with White Bay, so many boats and dinghies right up to the beach.

Ocean Runners-this is the way to go, rented a boat and captain for the day and went to Norman and had lunch, snorkeling at the Bight was very good, Willie-T, and Jost again. Way way better than Bad Kitty-lesson learned

This was the first time we stayed in Coral Bay and we all loved it. The peace and quiet was wonderful. The drive to all the North Shore beaches was very simple-just take the turn by the smoothie stand. The drive to Cruz Bay wasn’t bad at all, although we didn’t need to go very often.
Overall we had an outstanding trip with beautiful weather.

Thanks to all of you for answering the questions I posted prior to my trip!

Denise