After many island-hopping trips, shuttling friends and family to our favorite spots, my wife and I decided to go back to the basics and spend a week limin. What better place to do that than the Sandcastle?

As usual, the staff was fantastic. Nice to see Claire back on the team. We quickly settled into a basic routine that served us well for most of our stay.

Breakfast at 9AM.

Swimming, reading, sunbathing, and generally enjoying the peace and quiet from 10-2.

Going back to our room for a nap and or a movie when the day trippers got to be a bit much.

Evening cocktails and waving good-bye to the day trippers around 5PM.

A fantastic dinner, either at Sandcastle or one of the local spots...we had great meals at Gertrudes, Abe's and Ali Babas.

Out to the beach for an after-dinner rum, cigar and stargazing.

We knew that we were taking a chance with the weather at this time of year, but things worked out perfectly.

To break up the routine, we even shot over to Cane Garden Bay for one night. Dinner with Sandman at Myett's and an almost-private performance by Quito....only 6 other people there that night.

Next year (my 50th birthday), we'll be back to shepherding a large group all over the BVIs, but for what we wanted this year, it was a perfect trip.