I have had a set-back in my life that caused me to not continue the trip reports….but I’m going to give this a shot……I think when we left off we had just left Virgin Gorda headed for Scrub.

The short ride to Scrub was uneventful but pulling into the slip was less than uneventful (unlike the Leverick slip)…..I tried to hail the marina SEVERAL SEVERAL times……FINALLY some guy comes on and tells me the side he wants my fenders. We set the fenders and head in. What you are about to read all seemed to take place in a matter of seconds it passed so quickly and frantically…… Okay….first mistake…I forgot to tell Ruth to pull the dinghy in (can you guess what is going to happen??) And, we pull into the marina and they want me to back this thing in. Remember, I’ve never chartered a cat and backing in a CAT (for me….) is not something I want to do. I basically tell them, I’m not backing this thing in. At this point, I have no choice in the position I am in but to back it up a little while they figure what to do…I begin to back it up and they yell, change slips, pull into this other one. So, I continue to back up to get a shot at that one and an alarm starts going off. I look down and it is telling me my starboard screw has stopped? WTH??? I put it in neutral and run to the back of the deck and look down and the dinghy line is wrapped in the starboard screw! I have no choice (since I could do it myself in the time it would take me to tell Ruth) I commit what I feel is a cardinal sin…..I leave the helm, run below, get a knife and cut the line and run back up to the helm….that all took seconds! The alarm stops going off and now I am frazzled at this point and adrenaline pumping and somehow …with the help of those two dock hands, I got that CAT secured to the dock. What a nightmare!!!

So, we try to gather ourselves and Ruth said she was headed to the pool and I said I was headed to the showers. The showers at Scrub are INCREDIBLE!!! Like any five star resort you’ve been to…or imagined! I met her at the pool and went to the bar to grab a Carib. On the way I recognized Chef David from the pics I have seen and introduced myself and told him I’ve read great things about him….don’t ask me why…I’m nobody…..I just did! We sat and listened to a bunch of resort folks in the hot tub boast about their wealth and other things……this wasn’t my idea of being in BVI but…it was our ride to the Full Moon Party at Trellis Bay.

We left the pool and went to the CAT and got ready to go and boarded the ferry about 6:30. It was a nice and short trip over to Trellis and we quickly got a lay of the land and found that we needed to buy tickets to buy anything. So, we bought dinner tickets which are $25.00 each and that is for a buffet that was REALLY good! I am a meat guy but the veggie lasagna was GREAT! After we got our food and a drinks we sat down and this rather LARGE woman came over to us…..now….mind you they stacked the food on my plate….so here I am sitting behind a MOUND of food and she said….is that what you get for $25.00? I said yes….she said….do we get to go back a few time? I said I don’t have a clue….she said….well….if I can’t go back…I’m not paying $25.00. I will not editorialize at this point…..you read my mind…..
On to the evening….a local band kicks off the evening singing songs that everyone knows but to a reggae beat. Ruth winds up dancing with the lead singer on stage and dancing between the legs of the jumbies. The lead singer sang a little of a Cat Stevens song and said…anyone know who did that song? I yelled Cat Stevens and he came over to me and he and I shared the mic and sang the song together…I was mainly doing the chorus.

We talked to a lot of great folks. At one point I got a little angry….some guy we were talking to walks over to me and points at Ruth who is in the mix dancing with the jumbies…and asked, are you guys married? I said “no”….and he says, well, if you can’t handle that tonight…send her my way because I sure can! The former Marine in me wanted to deck the puke!! Instead I just walked away!

The entire night (except for the last paragraph) was great and the evening ended by getting on the ferry and we headed back to the CAT.

https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;405/st/20220331/e/USVI+and+BVI/dt/0/k/05ce/event.png