Good evening from Mont Vernon…

I know I said I planned to post daily a report of our stay on the island, but as time went by I found I had far too little time to keep the plan active.

This past week – our last week here, was spent much like the first. Each morning we would wake up to the sound of the surf breaking on the beach, and after morning coffee, and a light breakfast we would start our trek from our home-away-from-home here at Mont Vernon, to our choice spot on Orient Beach.

Over the course of our stay we have met some people, like we have every trip, that I hope we will have the opportunity to set up side by side with again at some point.

Tomorrow, we start the long journey home, and I’m not looking forward to it nearly as much as I looked forward to the long journey here. On Monday it will be back to the daily grind of making a living, and all that that entails. But on the bright side, we have jobs to go back to, and we can start planning our next trip.

It will be good to get home, and see family and friends, and at the same time sad to say goodbye to the friends we have made here.

TTOL is a great forum for information about the Island, but even more so, a fantastic venue for meeting people. On this trip we met no less than three other couples that recognized us from the boards. One of which we shared the beach with every day, until they left on Wednesday.

As always, we have enjoyed ourselves, and as we return home tomorrow, we start planning for the next major milestone in our life – the birth of our son’s twins. This will bring the total grandchild count up to six for us.

So until next time, I’ll get my SXM fix via the TTOL board, and the island webcams…

Dave & Diana