Today was the first full day of our stay here on the island. I awoke this this morning way before the sun the peeked above the horizon. This pretty much I my normal routine, I always seem to be up before the sun. The difference this morning however, is that I have the sound of the surf breaking on Orient Bay to accompany my morning coffee, instead of the typical city sounds that accompany me on a daily basis back home.

As I sit on the balcony of our studio, listening to sounds of the ocean, I contemplate how lucky I am. I have relative good health, am financially able to be able to afford to travel a few times each year, and I have my best friend – my wife of 33 years to enjoy these things with.

Diana, as is her usual routine, especially when on vacation, is still soundly sleeping. I let her continue her slumber, as I return to the balcony. The sun is slowly lifting its’ face from the ocean and reveals that the morning is kind of gray, and windy.

We ventured to the Grand Marche, once Diana awoke from her slumber, to lay in supplies for our stay. This proved to be uneventful, except for the trek back to the studio with our stuff. It seems that no matter where you are at Mont Vernon you destination is up a steep hill. I know this is not true, of course, but it sure feels like it at times.

After the supplies are put away we take off for our daily walk down to our chairs at Pedro’s and settle in for the day. The wind is blowing hard today, at the beach, and we get pretty much sand blasted all day. But the air is warm, the water refreshing, and the company good. So we settle down and let ‘Sand Gravity’ take its’ gentle grip on us, pull us in deep into its grasp.

The funny thing about ‘Sand Gravity’ is how tired you can get from doing absolutely nothing all day long. Before we knew it, the beach goers started departing their spots, and soon the beach was almost empty of sun worshipers, and we knew it was time to go home too. So we started our self-imposed walk from the Club O beach back to our studio at Mont Vernon.

After a shower and some dinner, prepared in, we started watching a movie, but neither of us made to the end. The next thing I remember, was waking up at about 0200, turning off the TV, and promptly going back to sleep

So was the third day of our trip….

Dave & Diana