Just got back yesterday and wanted to pass along a few items and a question.

Anegada
We found that only two reds (1st and second, I think) and the last green were in place last Wednesday/Thursday. No sign of the outer greens. You'll just want to follow the line of the reds until you can turn to port at the last green to enter the anchorage/mooring area.

JVD
Tried out the old Paradise Beach Club (now Corsairs). The owners have made a great effort to have a complete menu and outstanding quality food. There were 7 of us; everyone had something different and everything was great!

Catamaran
This was our first Cat trip and, in general, things worked out well. We had an Athena 38 and 7 of us were comfortable for the week. I found that the major drawback compared to the monohulls we've used in the past was the hobby-horse ride if you need to motor for any extended time directly into 4'+ seas. If you can plan your itinerary to avoid any direct upwind motoring, you'll likely not have any problems.

Moorings Boat At The Baths
I didn't see it because I had dropped off a few queasy crew at Spanish Town so they could take a day trip on VG and taxi up to meet us in Leverick Bay. While they were at the Baths, they saw the Moorings monohull being dashed against the rocks (with the mooring pendant and ball attached). Anyone have any info on this?

Four Seasons of Weather
I've always gone done in the first week of December; this is the first time we've had genuinely strange weather. While we were having some effects from the tropical depression early in the week, it was strange to realize that we had winds clock around nearly 100 degress.

Saturday and Sunday we had fairly strong Easterlies. Monday it was a bit more about 60 degrees. Tuesday we motored from Norman up to N Sound with 3-5 seas and strong winds from about 45 degrees. This was the day that the boat broke loose at the Baths. We picked up a moorning for a few minutes to give the crew with butterflies a time to relax a bit; there was no way in hell I would have let anyone go near shore with a dinghy or left the boat. It was just too nasty.

By the time we work up for a (hopeful beam reach) Wednesday morning departure for Anegada, the winds had clocked back around to about 80 degrees giving us a swift passage. We saw 7.5K on only 15-17K of wind.

By the time we were leaving on Thursday to head toward Marina Cay, the winds had clocked around some more to 130! This gave us another beam reach for that leg. I've never seen winds from that direction before! Before we got down to the area, the winds started to fall and the seas got much lighter.

The last few days while we lounged and didn't do much sailing, the breeze was back to the E and down to 5-11. At times there were what I would assume to be summertime sea conditions.

Another great trip which included other highlights (taking a stranded monohull under tow into a mooring in Soper's with about 23K of breeze and 4 footers. Their engine wouldn't start and they had tried repeatedly to tack into Soper's only to be prevented by the wind direction, strong seas and the currents at the opening. Of course, the ferry boat wakes adding to the mix didn't help!

I'll try to give more details in the next few days. If anyone is leaving shortly and has any specific questions on whatever, feel free to contact me directly.

Greg Murphy

I just want
to live
happily
ever after,
every
now
and
then.

Jimmy Buffett