Member Spotlight
KenM
KenM
Michigan
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ejb8910, periwinkle, SANFILIP
Who's Online Now
9 registered members (IWIWSE, BillR, SANFILIP, michaelj, lhbsurf, Mikel, 3 invisible), 930 guests, and 142 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trip Report during travel of new regs #246245
02/01/2021 09:38 AM
02/01/2021 09:38 AM
P
PMagistro Offline OP
Traveler
PMagistro  Offline OP
Traveler
P
My wife & I just returned from SXM. We left on Tues 1/26 and returned yesterday.

We were so close to cancelling the trip at the last minute as we were concerned about traveling with the COVID restrictions.

To anyone that has the same concerns, my advise is just go. It really isn't a big deal.

I would tell you that we almost didn't make the flight. When I completed the online EHAS Form, my fingers got a little fat and I mis-typed my wife's passport number (it was off by one digit). The United rep wouldn't let me on the flight as a consequence. I asked for speak to a supervisor, and they said Sint Maarten had strict rules and there was nothing they could do. As a last resort, I emailed the contact email on the EHAS and they emailed me back quickly saying it was fine to come. This email response ultimately appeased the United folks to let us on the flight.

We stayed at Adam et Eve in Orient. The bad thing was we were the only people in the hotel and Caroline explained she only has one room booked the entire month of February. There were very few people at the beach. However, surprisingly the Square was packed every night, mainly with locals. In fact, never have I seen it this busy!

We got our COVID test at St Marteen Laboratory which wasn't deal. I do have a little advise though IF you and going to use this facility: (1) make sure to make a reservation and don't just show up; (2) they have several locations but make sure you go to the one across the street from the hospital on Hamster Drive; and try and avoid making an early reservation as although you may have an early reservation it's really a first come first serve deal. We had friends that went in the afternoon and the were in and out in 15 min - it took us 2 hours!

We're so glad we went. The locals need the tourists badly and I'm booking another trip now for April.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Trip Report during travel of new regs [Re: PMagistro] #246247
02/01/2021 09:55 AM
02/01/2021 09:55 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a lot of hoops to go through for such a short trip though? Where did you eat in Orient Village?

Carol Hill
Re: Trip Report during travel of new regs [Re: PMagistro] #246250
02/01/2021 10:11 AM
02/01/2021 10:11 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Thanks for the report and glad you made the trip. Between the airlines and changing schedules and the hoops to jump through, specifically the 3-day window for the test going to SXM, I threw in the towel for a March trip.

J.D.