Member Spotlight
Beansbbq
Beansbbq
New Hampshire
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
41 registered members (Beansbbq, bbeach, bostonbob, toast, xrayman67, Uksimonusa, Steve27, KirkB, Rbailey, Jaybird, Midsouth, road3682, sxmpete, Tom8042, bailau, Sea_Skyman, SXMbeacher, duckfat, MrEZgoin, deliveryskipper, Pitt1, lhbsurf, davidandsusannj, Fran, Kennys, John, 15 invisible), 685 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
We are in Nanny Cay! - Day 1 #247343
02/12/2021 08:31 AM
02/12/2021 08:31 AM
Lake Stevens, WA
W
WillM Offline OP
Traveler
WillM  Offline OP
Traveler
W
Lake Stevens, WA
We are finally back in the BVIs!!

We left Seattle Wednesday night on the red eye. SEA to MIA to SJU to EIS. We flew in on Cape Air to EIS

Upon arrival you take your temperature, get your vial, get the test done (it is deep, one nostril, not bad) and then move over to customs area for baggage. Once outside with baggage you get your tracking device fitted. And yes - you can have this removed after Day 4 results at any police station or back at the airport (find a mooring ball in Trellis and walk over). From the time we landed to the time we got on the taxi was about 35 minutes for a group of 5. The process at EIS is very well laid out and efficient. There were two flight landing about the same time and I think there we @11 people going through with us.

We had all of our paperwork ready. I carried a printed copy of traveler insurance, negative test results and entry permit for each person. The paperwork was inspected in Seattle and EIS by airport gate agents.

The process a EIS was no stress / problem at all.

The only hiccup I had was insufficient test results through MyChart which caused a day of departure fire drill for more detailed results. Which with the help of Amanda at Virgin Charters and Henrietta with Health Ministry we got through that. As a side note I was looking at some covid tests I had back in Novemeber through LabCorp. If that is how your results are delivered (app on the phone), you can print out a very nice report of the results. Way better than the generic information given in mychart.

Just make when you submit test results in BVI Gateway that they show: date, location (name and address), results, type of test, source (nasal) and showing your name.

Like any new process that is as detailed as these entry permits you are going to learn something the first time. I fully expect the next time I apply for it to be seemless!

Ok - coffee is ready.

Will check back in tomorrow.

Will

BVI Sponsors
Re: We are in Nanny Cay! - Day 1 [Re: WillM] #247344
02/12/2021 08:37 AM
02/12/2021 08:37 AM
long island, new york
M
macaroni Offline
Traveler
macaroni  Offline
Traveler
M
long island, new york
WillM- If I have an issue for our March trip, how do I contact Henrietta with the Health Ministry? Thanks.... we are also arriving on Cape Air.

Re: We are in Nanny Cay! - Day 1 [Re: macaroni] #247348
02/12/2021 09:16 AM
02/12/2021 09:16 AM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Originally Posted by macaroni
WillM- If I have an issue for our March trip, how do I contact Henrietta with the Health Ministry? Thanks.... we are also arriving on Cape Air.

There are a few people who can help like Henrietta, but she is most easily reached via a facebook message to Henrietta Wheatley.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com