Nancy and I spent last week on Anegada and Tortola. We ran into JeffC and the Kneafseys at the Anegada Reef Hotel, as well as several other TTOL'ers throughout the week.

I have made a preliminary posting of the photos that we took. There are 384 new photos at www.bvipirate.com/SpringBreak04.

I rushed to get the pictures poseted so, as of yet, none of the pictures has any attached commentary. Eventually, I will annotate all of the pictures and write a trip journal to go with them.

Most of the pictures are taken at Anegada. I made an effort to photograph a lot of the things that go un-photographed there. I am working on putting together a "virtual tour" of Anegada that will incorporate these photos.

Some of the more interesting photos are some nice shots of Anegada orchids and century plants that are just now blooming.
[Linked Image]

There are also quite a few photos of buildings in the Settlement.

By the way, I bit the bullet and bought a new digicam. Most of these photos were taken with my new Canon EOS Digital Rebel SLR. I used three lenses - the 18-55mm "kit" lens, a 24-70mm f/2.8 USM AF zoom, and a 70-200mm f/4 USM AF zoom. The camera takes some "getting used to", but I am beginning to sort it out.

A photo of Orion, taken from beneath the palm trees at the ARH...
[Linked Image]

Walker Mangum
Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada