Member Spotlight
Bakoguy
Bakoguy
Bakersfield, CA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (706jim, StMartinFan, sailgclass, 3 invisible), 887 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Saturday..the last day #250029
03/14/2021 07:02 PM
03/14/2021 07:02 PM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline OP
Traveler
RonDon  Offline OP
Traveler
Rhode Island
Up at 6 am breakfast on lanai, guadeloupe melon, oranges, pears, cheese and yogurt . A bit of stale leftover baguette toasted with butter and jam rounded it out while we took in the view for the last time this visit.

Morning was like the rest until a nude man walked into the ocean in front of us. He was, shall I say well shaped. Unusual for the beach at BSV and since he did not appear walking down the beach we can only assume he's checked in next door. Hated to leave the fresh air to go inside to pack for trip home.

I pack in plastic packing bags that seal. I had labeled them: Don's shorts, Ro's tops etc so it was a breeze. Instead of rolling them to get all the air out before closing I sat on them and hubby zipped to seal. Filled suitcase and felt we'd forgotten something. Hubby said it was because I'd eaten so much there was more weight to press the air out when I sat on them. Didn't want to waste time arguing with him so I let it slide.

Suitcase in the car we retired to the lanai for one last gulp of SXM air before heading to airport to drop of car for Lesley and get to the gate.

Our flight time had changed from 12:30 to 1:35pm and I was happy for the extra time spent on our lanai but wondered about people who had perhaps gotten their Covid test earlier thinking their flights would not have changed time. That could become a problem for some. So my advice is to keep that in mind when scheduling a test time. Had we done it at the 72 hour mark we'd have been in trouble. Thankfully we'd done it much later.

Flight on time. Had a shared sandwich from Baccus . Our name came over intercom and I couldn't imagine why. I went to desk at gate and was told our seats (row 14 D & E) had changed to row one gift from "a friend", happy anniversary, and when JB announced Mint and disabled we could board. Now we hadn't registered as disabled. Suddenly, I realized Mint was first class.

As of yet I don't know who this friend is but many many thanks. Plush seats that can recline into a bed or just lift legs like a recliner, built in massage, lumbar support, free meal, drinks (too bad we'd eaten that sandwich). We each had a drink and dessert of Flan. When the pilot came out of the cockpit, did a few leg bends for exercise he spoke to the steward then leaned over the cart that usually blocks the way whenever he comes out (since 9/11) he said "Happy Anniversary" WOW! Now I'm spoiled for any flights from now on. And I'm still wondering who did this for us.

Flight was the most turbulent we've ever experienced. But we made it safely. At Logan we were directed to isle labeled CREW. We do not have Global Entry and was headed toward the masses. Another plane had landed same time from a foreign country with many non English speaking people and the lines began to back up. Breezed through leaving most of our flight mired in line but most of us were back together at the luggage carousel.

Customs was a breeze. Walked by some man who was yelling as they tore his bags apart, clothing all over the place. He said how can you say all this is random when every time I fly you pull me out. Make a note to self how he was dressed, his demeanor etc because there must be some reason why he's always singled out.

Drive to RI was easy, light traffic. Stopped for Chinese take out since it was the only type of food we hadn't eaten in SXM. Arrived home turned up the heat, ate, watched a little TV then to bed.

Already missing SXM.......and to that "Friend" I won't mind if you get us upgraded again! Just saying.

Last edited by RonDon; 03/14/2021 07:08 PM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: Saturday..the last day [Re: RonDon] #250031
03/14/2021 07:19 PM
03/14/2021 07:19 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Wow, what a lovely return home!!!! Thanks for the report...

Carol Hill