fabila 45
Zanshin 38
pat 34
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (sunmantwo, Manpot, Jeannius, 1 invisible), 382 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Last few days.report. #250944
03/24/2021 09:45 AM
03/24/2021 09:45 AM
Boynton Beach, FL
EdB Offline OP
Traveler
EdB  Offline OP
Traveler
Boynton Beach, FL
Ok, I have gotten lazy the last few days, and haven't reported. Damn reality. wink Weather remains beautiful, nice breeze blowing, and very very comfortable conditions. Sunday was spent on the beach at Orient, back to our favorite spot at LeString. Lunch was amazing once again, and the friends we met there very enjoyable. Dinner time Sunday was a different theme for us. Since both of us were still stuffed from lunch, went across the street to the maho market, picked up a can of tuna, a small jar of mayo, and some fresh rolls...and voila. our meal!

Monday was a repeat of most of the day....orient, le string, jean henri, and food by lionel and severine. It never gets old. Great food, great friends, great conversations, another perfect day. We did venture out to dinner, and tried Aventika for the first time. Now, I have gotten to love Thai food over the last couple of years, and all the great reviews I have heard from this restaurant got our attention. Beautiful place, great service, but was very disappointed in the food. Started out with a combination plate of appetizers which were very good. Would get that again. I ordered my favorite Thai dish, which is duck and ginger sauce. I asked for it mild. My wife had a wonderful fruit and vegatable salad with shirmp. My duck dish came out, was very disappointed to see the duck was totally shredded meat, and when i tasted it, was crazy HOT and spicy. Not sure how much duck was in it, since it was shredded meat, and the flavor was good....but immediately ordered another bottle of COLD water. I said something to the waitress about the ''heat'', and her reply was that it was mild. I did struggle through it, (not sure why), broke into a sweat, just about finished, and we left. We will NOT ever return to Avantika. Way to many great restaurants on the island. Will wait for good thai when i get home.

Yesterday was spent with our wonderful friends that live here on the island. Went out on the lagoon for a wonderful close up tour of the lagoon, and stopped in Marigot for lunch at Be Kool. Again, WONDERFUL lunch, very fine owners and staff, and the food is incredible. . They served a steak knife with my incredible tenterloin, but not sure why, since a butter knife would've done the trick. Wife had sea bass, friends had dover sole, and lamb chops/shrimp. Totally delightful, and after topped with some great desserts. More lagoon fun, followed by some great conversation. Got back to LaPlage, where we both collapsed, and again, after the huge lunch skipped dinner, and just grazed on some stuff we had in the room. Never left the suite

Today, looking out, and heading over to Orient again. See a pattern here? smile LOVE it, why not take advantage of it!! More to follow. unless i get lazy again. smile

SXM Sponsors
Re: Last few days.report. [Re: EdB] #250945
03/24/2021 10:04 AM
03/24/2021 10:04 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
Hey, Ed! You're on vacation. Lazy is good, too............

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: Last few days.report. [Re: EdB] #250949
03/24/2021 10:40 AM
03/24/2021 10:40 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the report. Looks like we will definitely need to check out Be Cool. Enjoy!!

Carol Hill
Re: Last few days.report. [Re: EdB] #250951
03/24/2021 11:10 AM
03/24/2021 11:10 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
I had a similar experience at Aventika with too much heat. Waiter immediately took it back and re prepared it with less heat. Was very good and have returned many times since. They are very accommodating.

Re: Last few days.report. [Re: EdB] #250959
03/24/2021 12:23 PM
03/24/2021 12:23 PM
Sugar Land, Tx
I
IslandBoi Offline
Traveler
IslandBoi  Offline
Traveler
I
Sugar Land, Tx
we eat Thai quite often, and it's nice to see Thai options on the island...last dec/jan we tried a new place in Jordan Village, Tao Garden...it was decent, but we enjoyed Avantika more...although neither is what we're used to at our favorite places in the US...as far as "heat", we usually go "thai spicy"

if you're interested in Indian food, we tried the new place in Maho, Spices of India...nice place and very good food

[Linked Image]
Re: Last few days.report. [Re: EdB] #250972
03/24/2021 03:26 PM
03/24/2021 03:26 PM
L
lcote Offline
Traveler
lcote  Offline
Traveler
L
I cannot tolerate spicy at all in my food and whenever I have been to Avantika, they prepare it nicely mild. I'm sorry to hear you had such an experience. It has become a "must" for us each year.