Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,006
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 29
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Manpot
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,513
Joined: May 2002
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
9 members (Dan&Roxanne, Zanshin, SXMScubaman, RatmansWife, Two2go, Buddyhog, luvtotravel, 2 invisible), 367 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
G
GaryC Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Hi, I am a property owner with a non-belonger land holding license. I do not have residency but when I travelled last December I was told to complete my application as "resident" and select "part time". I am applying to travel again this month and I don't see any "part time" selection. Anybody here in a similar situation that can tell me how they made their selections completing this application?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Online Crying
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Not sure about that..but after owning our house several years we applied for "Permission to Reside"..see if that is on the form. That bascially means you can live in the BVI's fulltime but not work or vote..

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359
Try sending a WhatsApp message to the support number at (284) 496-6129


JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
G
GaryC Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Thanks for the replies. BVI Tourism/Whats App didn't give me a definitive answer. I am waiting to hear back from people I know with similar status to me that have travelled recently. In the meantime if any of you out there are non-belonger land holders (with no other specific residency status) and have been through this application recently I would love to hear from you.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,392
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,392
I am in same boat. I think I’d just go as a visitor. As far as I know they are not favoring non belonger landholders. Anyone who wishes to follow the protocols sre being allowed insight exactly the same regulations. Please let us know if you find anything definitive. But in lieu of that I’d just be a visitor and roll on.

Last edited by Will_L; 04/14/2021 09:14 AM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
G
GaryC Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Will: The advice I am getting from BVI Tourism is that I should be travelling as a visitor. I have also talked with people like me who are there now and they also travelled in as Non-Resident (visitor). In the meantime I have another problem. I can't get past the second page without an error message stopping me and telling me that my application is pending / hold.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359
Originally Posted by GaryC
Will: The advice I am getting from BVI Tourism is that I should be travelling as a visitor. I have also talked with people like me who are there now and they also travelled in as Non-Resident (visitor). In the meantime I have another problem. I can't get past the second page without an error message stopping me and telling me that my application is pending / hold.

You may need to have someone at the Tourist Board change your December application status to "Landed". It's supposed to happen when you arrive but sometimes it gets missed.


JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
G
GaryC Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Yes Jason, I think you are right. The old application still shows up and the expiry shows blank. It looks like it is there blocking me from doing another application. I have just What's App'd them on that. Thanks.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Several of our neighbors are on island, so I can find out if you need. What I do know is that, early on, when I was trying to get our houses inspected, one of the many calls I made was to the health department. The woman had no idea that one could own a home and not be a resident. At that time the portal was bifurcated: tourist or Belonger/resident/etc. I was told to use the latter. My dim recollection is it had to do with whether the property was Gold Seal approved or not. Tourists could only stay in a GS property.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
G
GaryC Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Jason; you were 100% exactly right. Got the status on the old application changed to Landed today and I was able to complete my application. Thanks again.

RatsmansWife: I am OK now. The system is different from when I traveled in December. Now a non-resident landholder must apply as a nonresident. Once in there, there is a place for us to choose quarantining in our homes. Instructions on location are requested so they can find it. Didn't ask for on-Island contact information so I am expecting to get a message back on that, unless they realize that they inspected once before. We shall see.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5