First, thanks to all who gave me good info before we left!

My husband and I enjoyed our first visit to the BVIs from 4/30-5/6. Flew on AA using one free ticket and one purchased. We had to go from Hartford to Miami to San Juan and overnight in order to get the freebie but it was worth it to save the $. Used Hilton points to stay at the Embassy Suites. Flew to Tortola the next day on American Eagle. Had to deplane as the fuel truck broke and it took about an hour to fix it so slightly delayed arriving into Tortola but no big deal.

Stayed at Prospect Reef Resort, unit 802. Resort is in a good location, can walk to Roadtown but that's alittle dicey at night due to narrow roads. We didn't eat at the resort so can't comment on the restaurants but they looked good, we only had drinks. The chlorine pool is good for swimming laps and the gym was fairly good for a small resort. Modern equipment. Our room itself could have used paint and new furniture but we only paid about $40/night through a getaway week with Interval International so I can't complain but I would have been upset if it were my only vacation of the year of if I'd paid the $1300 per person that I saw advertised in our paper last week. ( Although I saw a few of the other rooms and they are updated so I think we just were in older rooms). Small bathroom with a shower. All the usual ammenities- iron, mini fridge, coffee maker, safe, phone, tv, AC and fan. The view from our patio was great and I also enjoyed the hammocks too. I liked being close to Roadtown.

Daytrips- Did two daysails with Aristocat ( a cat) out of Soper's Hole with a lovely Welsh couple, Sandra and John. Very accomodating. Our sails included lunch, beers and punch. What I liked was that it was so relaxed, not like the much larger day sails I've been on on other islands where there are 20+ people and the time frame is very rigid. We left about 9 both days and returned about 5. Both trips were only us and 2 other couples. The first trip took us to Sandy Spit then over to Jost Van Dyke. We docked by Foxy's Taboo and walked over to the Bubbling Pool which for the first time wasn't really bubbling but it was still a nice excursion to see the different flora and fauna. After that we sailed over to White Bay and swam in to the Soggy Dollar. Loved it there. Very relaxing but I have to say, disappointed with the Painkillers. Mine had no taste at all. After that we hit Smugglers for more snorkeling which I wasn't impressed with.
A note on the snorkeling- definately not some of the best I've seen in the Caribbean but some was better than others. I liked the Indians and the Caves the best which is what we did on our 2nd day sail which also included a stop at Willie Ts.
Our other two day trips were to Anegada on Fly BVI and on the ferry to Virgin Gorda.
Anegada was interesting. We decided to just do the tour for $125 which included lunch at Big Bamboo. Flew in a 4 seat Cessna. It was cool to have our own private plane. The weather was odd. We got to Loblolly and were just setting up on the beach after ordering our lunch for 12:30 when the wind kicked up so hard we had to go back to the shelter of Big Bamboo. After a few minutes, it was fine again and we went snorkeling, which wasn't as impressive as I expected but I did see a small turtle which was nice. Lunch was awesome. Probably the best meal I had on this trip. It was so simple- grilled lobster, warm cabbage slaw and potato salad.
After lunch we took the advice of a local and walked about a mile to the right to Flash of Beauty to snorkel. Just as we got there it was like a hurricane!! Dark sky and torrents of rain. Just got to FOB in time for cover. It was closed. Again, after a few minutes the weather blew through and we tried to snorkel but the current was too strong, we just couldn't swim out more than a few feet off shore so we gave up, went back to Big Bamboo for a few more drinks before leaving at 4. The rain started again on the ride back to the airport and we began to think we'd have to stay on the island overnight but it cleared after a few minutes and we made a break for it and it was fine.
We went to Virgin Gorda on Sunday. I really liked this island. The views are amazing. We got a taxi tour. Our driver, Jeremy took us to the Copper Mine ruins and then to the Mineshaft. I wish I could have been there for sunset. What a panoramic view. After that to the Baths. They weren't crowded but I can see why it would not be fun to be there if a ship were in, there isn't much room. We wish that we hadn't taken the time to snorkel first before hitting the caves since we didn't have time to walk all the way through them, we had to just go alittle way and turn back. After that we went up Gorda Peak to a lookout. Another awesome view of the other side of the island. I wish I could have spent more time here.

Restaurants- Food was good but simple since we kept it that way. We didn't really hit any of the gourmet places on the island. Our last two trips were to Curacao and St. Martin where we ate gourmet everynight so I had to remind myself that we weren't doing this here.
We hit Roadtown Bakery three times for breakfast to go. It was good and inexpensive. Had the ham and cheese croissants. We also got the BEST banana bread at Riteway in Roadtown. So moist. We ate the whole loaf in a day. Never did make it out for a real sit down breakfast at all.
Had dinner at C&F where the portions are as large as reputed to be. Busy with locals and tourists. Also had dinner at Pusser's in Roadtown. I was pleasantly surprised. I had the chicken roti and cleaned my plate. We also got a pizza one day there for lunch. It was ok but had lots of topping on it which is always a good thing. Other dinners were at Eclipse. (nice location on the water, especially on a full moon), Myett's ( not bad but I think it can be overpriced depending on what you order), and the nicest surprise Jolly Rodger. I didn't expect much from the pub grub menu but it had substantial portions and good service.
Nightlife- Went to the full moon parties at Cyber Cafe and at Boombas. I have to say, Cyber was much better- live music, stilt dancer and bonfire and it was more lively ( believe it or not) than Boombas. Boombas was just a big block party/frat party. I should note that we happened to be at Boomba in between when the bands were playing to that would have made it better if they were playing while we were there. If I were 21 and had a bunch of friends with me then it would have been a blast but since I'm in my 30s, pregnant and just with my husband, it wasn't that thrilling. Also, we were there from 1145-1245 and I think maybe it was just getting started when we left. We also enjoyed seeing Quito and the Edge at his place on Friday night.
Hope this wasn't too long. We really enjoyed this trip but being us, won't go back until we hit all the other islands that we want to try but we will go back someday. Also, I love that on Tortola, you can pretty much park where you want and its not a problem like on other islands.
Thanks again for all the info.