Member Spotlight
bdeeley
bdeeley
United States of America
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
36 registered members (toast, onlymedication, MKGrey, GeorgeC1, reddoglady, ericlut, RickinAtlanta, jaxon60, JandIrene, MamaB, RatmansWife, Harleyk, Brian&Andi, tmsxmsails, dolfer, Jaybird, SXMScubaman, Compskier, xrayman67, jbutah, Sunnysideup, Kegoangoango, candu, Fletch, MrEZgoin, Reid, 10 invisible), 1,031 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Marys Boon - A great Place #261445
07/26/2021 04:41 PM
07/26/2021 04:41 PM
P
PelicanPirate Offline OP
Traveler
PelicanPirate  Offline OP
Traveler
P
Marys Boon turned out to be a great place for the group and the rates available in April for July in a pandemic were quite affordable.

To start the beach at Simpson Bay was totally free of Seaweed and had the beautiful turquoise blue view right outside or within steps of our rooms. Often a good breeze but not as good as the constant Orient breeze.

The occasional taking off plane added some spice. The first flight was at 7am.
It really is not a detractor at all but a feature.

All of the rooms were good including a lower lobby that many had cautioned against.

The staff was very friendly and everyone liked the grounds, beach, chairs, umbrellas bar, etc.

The restaurant was great for lunch. I would recommend a relook at the breakfast menu, amount of food/prices and preparation for taste. Most loved lunch but would rather eat breakfast offsite.

Anyway, great place in paradise.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Marys Boon - A great Place [Re: PelicanPirate] #261463
07/26/2021 08:55 PM
07/26/2021 08:55 PM
F
foreversxm Offline
Traveler
foreversxm  Offline
Traveler
F
In the past 30 years we have stayed almost every hotel, guesthouse , etc on the Island and Marys Boon still is our favorite. They have a incredible long term following, really like going back to summer or winter camp every year and seeing all your old friends. A room and budget for everyone. Old school Caribbean style hotel with all the modern comforts and the staff is amazing and becomes like family but not as needy. ha. I think most of the furniture is from Bali and pillow top mattress that I love. They stay very booked it seems so they don't do a lot of advertising, more repeat and word of mouth. Great restaurant and beach bar too. Very busy on the weekends with a band or DJ. Must better than the beach bar next door. Food prepared from scratch, I love the carrot pancakes and her bacon is to die for. Just a lovely property all the way around.

Re: Marys Boon - A great Place [Re: PelicanPirate] #261476
07/27/2021 06:55 AM
07/27/2021 06:55 AM
Westchester /NYC
Colour1 Offline
Traveler
Colour1  Offline
Traveler
Westchester /NYC
We stayed there many times. I enjoyed the observation bar deck. I always hoped that they would bring that back. It had at one time a bar in it! It was great to take a break from the beach and have lunch up there( BYOL) while watching the planes come in and out! Fond memories!

Sand Gravity, got to love it!