Member Spotlight
Angelface
Angelface
Washington, DC/SXM
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
36 registered members (SXMBND, GeorgeC1, pl3, SeaLady29, Kennys, CaribbeanCanadians, ChiTownHarry, Kevin_B, jrw, RickinAtlanta, Beansbbq, Kiles41, ColoBoater, Halcyon, Zanshin, Kathleen, SXMScubaman, bailau, SURICK, OceanSong, JerseyPal, eightzerobits, CJIMI, Donaegada, blooming, Fletch, cabokid, 9 invisible), 911 guests, and 59 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Too much info room for error entry into Puerto Rico #261691
07/31/2021 12:17 PM
07/31/2021 12:17 PM
Lutz, FL
tangerine3 Offline OP
Traveler
tangerine3  Offline OP
Traveler
Lutz, FL
Hi All,

I have found two sites that give info regarding entry into Puerto Rico.

https://www.travelsafe.pr.gov/#travel-requirements

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/travel-guidelines

The "official" one does not mention that if fully vaccinated and coming from US mainland that all you have to upload is your vaccination card and do not need to submit negative PCR or rapid test.

The other website Discover PR does mentions that.

Does anyone know if the travelsafe.pr.gov is actually "official" and this is where you upload your docs and indeed if fully vaccinated you are only required to upload vaccination card?

Also if just having a layover in SJU and then continuing on to STT do you still need to upload your docs for passing through and not exiting the airport? Thank you!

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: Too much info room for error entry into Puerto Rico [Re: tangerine3] #261720
08/01/2021 08:59 PM
08/01/2021 08:59 PM
Massachusetts
maytrix Offline
Traveler
maytrix  Offline
Traveler
Massachusetts
The travelsafe.pr.gov is the official site. I found the requirements a little confusing since one paragraph mentions PCR test or Antigen but then the statement at the bottom only states PCR and filling out the form seems to indicate only PCR is accepted. We had a 12 hour layover so we left the airport and our son (6) is the only one not vaccinated. We did an at home allume test on the boat in St. Thomas (we were flying back through SJU after our charter) and they seemed to accept it. It at least worked for us getting out of the airport and we're now back home. I can confirm though that for my wife, just filling in the info with the vaccination card was all that was needed.

I think if you aren't leaving the secured area then you do not need to upload anything, but am not 100%. I just know we didn't have to show the QR code we got from the site until we left the secure area after getting our bags. Easy enough to fill out the site though so might as well to avoid any issues if you can't get a confirmed answer.

We just got back early this morning, so this info is current based on our experience just yesterday 7/31/2021.

Matt
Re: Too much info room for error entry into Puerto Rico [Re: maytrix] #261804
08/03/2021 03:52 PM
08/03/2021 03:52 PM
Lutz, FL
tangerine3 Offline OP
Traveler
tangerine3  Offline OP
Traveler
Lutz, FL
Thanks for that I'm seeing more and more of approved at home rapid tests, some require you have a telemed so a Dr can see you while you are doing the test. Airlines are offering them through their website s, hope you had a great time, it is nerve racking!

[Linked Image]
Re: Too much info room for error entry into Puerto Rico [Re: tangerine3] #261809
08/03/2021 04:39 PM
08/03/2021 04:39 PM
Massachusetts
maytrix Offline
Traveler
maytrix  Offline
Traveler
Massachusetts
Yeah, I am still not 100% sure antigen tests are technically approved for PR since their website conflicts itself, but ours certainly was ok. But the Ellume test is US approved for re-entry from other countries so its pretty reasonable. $50 direct from them. A little more since we bought ours on amazon and then paid the $15 video call fee. I'd just do the PCR if you can to be sure. But it is a pain and certainly nerve racking given that you have the trip planned a single positive test could ruin it.

Matt