|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,046
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 86,275
Joined: August 2000
|
|
|
20 members (Linas, S/Y Mockingbird, GettingThere, mgh, Manpot, knitsoftwear, Kennys, caribmichael, jadezar, IWIWSE, Oceans, CaribbeanCanadians, Rumlover, calle313, Kvsmith1, dj1094, Kelann, 3 invisible),
386
guests, and
46
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47 |
Before I plunk down the plastic for my gorgeous late Feb VRBO rental....can anyone speak to the process of post-arrival positive testing and quarantine? I like to at least think thru options before I go. 1. Quarantine at place of residence? Or centralized (have to assume the former) 2. How much is DOH involved and how responsive were they (I'm reading horror stories re: SXM DOH) 3. Length of quarantine (vaxxed if that makes a difference). I think it's 14 days? 4. What happens if your reservation ends before your quarantine period ends? This is particularly tricky because I'm in a private rental that is booked immediately after me. Extend stay? Hope to all that's holy that there is a reasonably priced, reasonably looking accommodation with outdoor space with no notice in high season  5. Process to get out of quarantine jail and onto your return flight home? Thanks. Seriously, the more I dig into this, the more I wonder if it's worth it. Stupid Covid
Last edited by TechieTechie; 01/22/2022 10:44 PM.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47 |
The BVI Online FB site has been super helpful. 1. One needs to quarantine on their boat or in a Gold Seal Certified lodging. https://www.bvitraveller.com/gold-seal-accommodations-published/4. One needs to move if they are not in a Gold Seal Lodging. Still waiting on answers to the other questions.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190 |
If your reservation ends (or charter) before your quarantine ends and the property or boat is booked, you will have to move to another Gold Seal location.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47 |
Thanks MI....that's what I have been reading as well. Good news is that there are some decent properties on that list....so now I'm okay with the 'what if'....particularly since I can work from anywhere.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359 |
Thanks MI....that's what I have been reading as well. Good news is that there are some decent properties on that list....so now I'm okay with the 'what if'....particularly since I can work from anywhere. Starting in February, we pretty much will always have a couple of places available, our rates are published, all have outdoor space, and we have 400mbps fiber optic internet onsite.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190 |
Thanks MI....that's what I have been reading as well. Good news is that there are some decent properties on that list....so now I'm okay with the 'what if'....particularly since I can work from anywhere. Starting in February, we pretty much will always have a couple of places available, our rates are published, all have outdoor space, and we have 400mbps fiber optic internet onsite. That is great to know Jason!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359 |
1. answered 2. once your positive test is reported, you will receive a Quarantine Notice from Public Health and in most cases they are retesting with a day or 2 to ensure the first test wasn't a false positive, Assuming you are still positive, they retest on day 10 currently. They may allow it early based on vaccination and symptomatic vs. asymptomatic status. 3. Pretty sure it's 10 days now. 4. answered 5. after your quarantine time and retest, Public Health will issue a quarantine release letter for you to travel with.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,125
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,125 |
I'm glad someone asked this ..... I've been wondering ....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 47 |
Thanks Jason. Of course, it may all change tomorrow, but at least it's good to know what's going on now.
I just wonder why the state isn't as explicit on departures as arrival.
|
|
|
|
|