Member Spotlight
she314
she314
RI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
23 registered members (Jerry_R, GeorgeC1, steve74, RichiT, jbutah, SeeDiver, WWII, charlie, Swifty, SXMScubaman, Don_and_Linda, Colour1, louismcc, SoakInSaltwater, lbksxm, richard4th, Jeannius, anet_scot, RickinAtlanta, jazzgal, 3 invisible), 881 guests, and 69 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Covid Protocol for our Crew #275226
02/10/2022 06:33 PM
02/10/2022 06:33 PM
Reno, NV USA
CaptnAndy Offline OP
Traveler
CaptnAndy  Offline OP
Traveler
Reno, NV USA
I'm a concerned about getting my crew through Covid protocols,
Please read my attempt assist my crew through this process,
and comment please on any misstatements. Thanks!

Proposed BVI Itinerary 2022

The Government of the British Virgin Islands has strict guidelines for
anyone entering their country. They shut down entry into the BVIs to
visitors for more than a year, and re-opened late last year. It is with
an abundance of caution that we ask you to take a conservative approach
to the following Covid-19 protocol.

We managed to get 3 crews to St. Thomas under similar restrictions
last year, but we need everyones cooperation this year!

Please read the protocols all the way through…..
Let me know if you have questions!

Pre-trip Two weeks from Covid Testing Days
Tues Feb 22 We should each consider limiting exposure to others, socially distancing
and wearing masks, when appropriate. Anyone that tests positive for Covid-19
on Wed March 9th may be subject to 14 day quarantine upon arrival in the
British Virgin Islands.

Pre-Trip Covid-19 Test Day- Last day to Cancel for any Reason with our Travel
Tue Mar 8 Insurance Company. Rapid Covid test should be taken today- This test is to verify
that all crew members are Covid-free. This can be a BinaxNow Home Test. (Or
similar) This test doesn’t count towards entry into the BVI, but let’s us know if
there is a Covid concern among our crew. If anyone tests Positive for Covid, they
should re-test immediately. If still testing positive, let Andy know immediately so we
can figure out our next option and/or notify the Travel Insurance Company to get the
correct procedures to qualify for an insurance claim on the policies we bought.

Pre-Trip 3 pm or later, Covid-19 Test (If taken within 48 hours of arrival,
Wed Mar 9 testing upon arrival is not required) This should be a BinaxNow AG
Tele-Health Covid-19 test. (Or something similar) Assuming a negative test result,
you are good to go for this trip! Download the negative results on your computer or
phone and/or print a paper copy of the test result. If you test positive, you should
re-test. If still positive, do not board the airplane to the BVIs. You will be tested
upon arrive in the BVIs, If you test positive there, you will be subject to quarantine
until you test negative (14 days at last notice from the BVI Government)

Pre-trip Depart Boise toward Chandler, AZ, pick up Andy & Janice
Thur Mar 10 Fly to Florida, overnight

Day 1 Mark has conference calls this morning, Jerry & Connie join the group
Fri Mar 11 Depart Florida, headed toward Tortola, BVI
Florida to 2 pm? Arrive Beef Island Airport (EIS)
Tortola Clear customs, Insurance & Covid clearance
Overnight Taxi to Charter Base (Tortola Marine Management)
in Marina 5pm- Board yacht, Provisioning, Dinner, settle into
your cabin, sleep aboard yacht in the marina.

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: CaptnAndy] #275228
02/10/2022 06:37 PM
02/10/2022 06:37 PM
Reno, NV USA
CaptnAndy Offline OP
Traveler
CaptnAndy  Offline OP
Traveler
Reno, NV USA
Sorry for the confusion.....The dates, days and locations header became integrated into the body of the
email.

[Linked Image]
Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: CaptnAndy] #275248
02/11/2022 06:55 AM
02/11/2022 06:55 AM
Washington DC
B
bailau Offline
Traveler
bailau  Offline
Traveler
B
Washington DC
Assuming all vaccinated and crew takes approved proctored test within 48 hours why would there be test down in BVIs unless something changed since we were there in December?

https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols

IMHO and as frequent BVI cat herder...

1) Take out fluff and be more specific about what crew needs to do since I find most don't pay attention/read
2) Tell them, imbed link, or even order for them the specific tests you want for them
3) have each of them send you the specific documents you need to enter and put it in Dropbox in a folder with each persons names or something similar that you can access on your phone AND print our in a folder you bring (e.g. vac card, passport copy, insurance card, proof of international coverage, travel insurance showing them covered if you get)

I assume you are ordering 2x-3x the number of crew of Binax PROCTORED antigen tests for trip home?

Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: CaptnAndy] #275251
02/11/2022 09:15 AM
02/11/2022 09:15 AM
M
MIDiver Offline
Traveler
MIDiver  Offline
Traveler
M
Agree with Bailau. All facts and no fluff.

I print a copy of each crew member’s documents: passport, vax card, test result and insurance info. Each crew member has their own folder (clear plastic sleeve with their name written in Sharpie on the cover). I carry all folders - crew have their own copies as well as screen shots of all info on their phones. NOTE: TMM will likely also ask you to email vax cards for all crew in advance of arrival.

Physically confirm each crew member has passport and vax card before departure.

Extra proctored eMed tests are critical. January trip we had crew of 5 and I brought 15 tests in a carry on. Leave extra at base (they will be appreciated) or take home for post trip testing. You don’t want to be stuck in BVI needing extra tests.

ENJOY.

Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: CaptnAndy] #275253
02/11/2022 09:20 AM
02/11/2022 09:20 AM
GA/NC
GeorgeC1 Online content
Traveler
GeorgeC1  Online Content
Traveler
GA/NC
I am just curious about the number if binox tests recommend. I have use a bunch of them without a single issue. I have heard of a few people who had one test not work. 3 per person seems like overkill.

Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: GeorgeC1] #275254
02/11/2022 09:29 AM
02/11/2022 09:29 AM
M
MIDiver Offline
Traveler
MIDiver  Offline
Traveler
M
We wanted to be extra safe and traveled the first two weeks of January when cases were exploding and weren’t taking ANY chances of having to test there. We had one test that was “inconclusive” and had to retest. Two per is a must in my book and three a safety net. Better to be safe than sorry but your risk tolerance may be higher than mine. If someone tests positive - and it isn’t unheard of - you will need them.

Last edited by MIDiver; 02/11/2022 09:31 AM.
Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: GeorgeC1] #275255
02/11/2022 09:46 AM
02/11/2022 09:46 AM
Washington DC
B
bailau Offline
Traveler
bailau  Offline
Traveler
B
Washington DC
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I am just curious about the number if binox tests recommend. I have use a bunch of them without a single issue. I have heard of a few people who had one test not work. 3 per person seems like overkill.

It is just how I roll which is probably a good subject for a therapists couch and a copay somewhere...I always know I can pay them forward in the islands and given the high cost of the trips the cost of tests is rounding error

One concern is what if someone tests positive to come home and has to quarantine I want them to have plenty

Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: MIDiver] #275256
02/11/2022 09:47 AM
02/11/2022 09:47 AM
Washington DC
B
bailau Offline
Traveler
bailau  Offline
Traveler
B
Washington DC
Originally Posted by MIDiver
Agree with Bailau. All facts and no fluff.

I print a copy of each crew member’s documents: passport, vax card, test result and insurance info. Each crew member has their own folder (clear plastic sleeve with their name written in Sharpie on the cover). I carry all folders - crew have their own copies as well as screen shots of all info on their phones. NOTE: TMM will likely also ask you to email vax cards for all crew in advance of arrival.

Physically confirm each crew member has passport and vax card before departure.

Extra proctored eMed tests are critical. January trip we had crew of 5 and I brought 15 tests in a carry on. Leave extra at base (they will be appreciated) or take home for post trip testing. You don’t want to be stuck in BVI needing extra tests.

ENJOY.

LOL...no wonder we are friends...:)

Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: CaptnAndy] #275257
02/11/2022 09:56 AM
02/11/2022 09:56 AM
Memphis, BVI, CT
R
RatmansWife Offline
Traveler
RatmansWife  Offline
Traveler
R
Memphis, BVI, CT
Just read on FB that someone's kid tested positive using one of the services where the government processes the tests. Now they have to quarantine. Maybe the kid actually has Covid. But if it was a false positive, that could have been handled with Binax kits and a retest.

Re: Covid Protocol for our Crew [Re: RatmansWife] #275261
02/11/2022 10:04 AM
02/11/2022 10:04 AM
Miramichi NB Canada
Sandsailsun Offline
Traveler
Sandsailsun  Offline
Traveler
Miramichi NB Canada
Originally Posted by RatmansWife
Just read on FB that someone's kid tested positive using one of the services where the government processes the tests. Now they have to quarantine. Maybe the kid actually has Covid. But if it was a false positive, that could have been handled with Binax kits and a retest.

This makes great sense. Now I wish I had more . Hopeful by the time we come home at end of April things may be a bit looser .
Also saw the post on FB about the child testing positive . 3 and 4 year old children - now the family needing additional quarantine lodging in BVI . Not a great situation for sure .

Kim