Our departing day we departed the apartment at 7am to catch the 730 ferry. We were hoping to get some bread or some sort of pastry, but no place was open. We boarded the smaller Admiral ferry. The ride was a bit rough with one wild wave splashing over the top soaking a well dressed family. Our cab driver from St. Vincent was there as arranged to take us to the airport. Just before arriving at the airport he pointed out the TIA plane that went off the runway upon takeoff. He said if it were not for a culvert it could have easily headed into the supermarket. Not a good sight to see before boarding a plane. At the E.T. Joshua airport the Caribbean Star desk people were super sloooooowwwwwww. Not anything like our pleasant experience on Barbados. It was very warm in the arrival section, but the departure lounge very cool. Our Caribbean Star flight to Barbados was running a bit late. They were very apologetic and even served us a muffin and juice during the flight. Lots of turbulence and haze upon arriving in Barbados (haze due to the Sahara dust). Going through customs was quite quick. They were asking which flight we were on and letting us go ahead of people. Got our little bagged lunch from AA before boarding--much needed as we were hungry. Our flight to Miami arrived ahead of schedule-we left early as all passengers were aboard. Got thru Miami with no problems. We arrived home at about 1:30 am after getting our luggage in Dulles and driving an hour and a half home.

My complaints-- 1. What a long day getting home -started at 7am and got home at 130am the next day.
2. Where were all the seashells? I did buy a large conch shell for my daughter at the Tobago Cays.
3. Lack of “island music” almost everywhere--lots of top 40
4. Nothing spectacular in the food department--most menus the same
5. The sun sets too early in this part of the world

My raves-- 1. Super friendly people everywhere--I don’t think we ever encountered a rude person
2. St. Vincent’s beautiful scenery--mountainous, green, lush--what a place!
3. The well-manicured neatness of Mustique
4. The small island feel of Bequia and it's greenery
5. The quietness and all to yourself feel at Lower Bay

This trip was very enjoyable. I would definitely return one day (after I visit all of the islands on my list--can’t repeat until they’ve all been done). I felt very safe walking around Lower Bay on Bequia alone and at night. This was the only trip we’ve been on where we did not encounter a rude person. For island time, most of the places we dined in we were served, ate and paid bill within an hour. The food at most places was average. In most cases every menu offered the same meal choices. Bequia is a great base for getting to explore other islands if you are not already on a boat. If you have never been to these islands and you are not looking for shopping, nightlife, fine cuisine and crowded beaches go now--you will not regret it. Well worth it.