Member Spotlight
Thistle
Thistle
NY
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ejb8910, periwinkle, SANFILIP
Who's Online Now
18 registered members (KC2SXM, timnboston, bostonbob, caribbeangirl13, kaba, TC42, steve74, BenP, bailau, greenfields, 8 invisible), 981 guests, and 148 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Friday & Saturday #282853
05/22/2022 09:07 AM
05/22/2022 09:07 AM
Lake Texoma, Texas
C
cruzer Offline OP
Traveler
cruzer  Offline OP
Traveler
C
Lake Texoma, Texas
My days grow lazier and lazier, and I am perfectly satisfied. Many items I had on my to do list will be left undone by Wednesday's departure, so I'll just place them at the top of the list for our September trip. And, if those don't get done then, well, that's the beginning of December's list.

More time spent around the resort with the main activity of the day being Meal Planning and Analysis, primarily where are where having our main meal, and do we need a reservation. Best answer to the reservation question is "yes".

The water was absolutely perfect on Saturday, and my skin was doing a pretty good prune imitation by the time it was time to leave the water. Our next door neighbors were here during Irma, and have some interesting things to say, especially about how amazing the staff, and most of the guests were in the aftermath of the devastation. Makes me both pleased and proud that we bought here.

Sunsets continue to be a bust due to the Sahara dust obstructing the horizon, but I'm still out there everyday, pursuing the elusive green flash.

Dinner Friday was ta L' Auberge Gourmande. There was a fish dish that was tempting me but my brain starting demanding a substantial beef dish, s I elected to have the filet with blue cheese sauce--one of my favorites here. Mrs, Cruzer also selected the same, but also wanted the Poivre sauce as well. We also had the baked feta cheese in a phyllo wrapper, which was as good as I remembered it. MC's steak was slightly overdone, and my slightly under done, but the steak was heated throughout, and stayed warm throughout my meal, so being rare wasn't an issue. I'm used to steaks' tendency to be undercooked rather than overcooked in French kitchens. Properly done, I now prefer rare to medium rare.

We skipped dessert, closing the meal with decaf cappuccinos and a few shots of their infused rum. Another great meal under the belt, and destined to stay there for a while.

As we are now in repeat mode, we decided to revisit Le Bistronome. Reservation was for 7:15, which interfered with my sunset viewing, but as subset was a bust, no problem. Started off with the complimentary raspberry/Proseco drink, had the now obligatory excellent tuna carpaccio drizzled with a Tahitian sauce. I had a scallop dish and MC elected a shrimp pasta dish. Both under €20, so a very reasonable price. Dinner topped off with a shared chocolate mousse, decaf cappuccino and a passion fruit/ginger infused rum.

Earlier in the day, we visited the Marigot market for the last time. MC was looking for a simple beach cover that wasn't faded from being displayed in the sun too often. We located some bull foot soup for Julio and MC decided she also needed one for Sunday's breakfast. Me? I though a Ti-Punch would hit the spot, and it did. Also bought some mangos for the next 2 breakfasts.

As I write this it's a bit after 3:00 am, perhaps another split sleep night. I'm out in the breezeway where there's plenty of light, and MC enjoying an undisturbed sleep inside. The male cats arrived around 3;00 demanding nourishment, and Julio showed up shortly afterwards, electing to have his bull foot soup then. When I get this draft finished, I'll go find Picasso, delivering the first installment of many of her daily milk rations.

P.S. What looks like a chocolate muffin is really my filet, unadorned then with the sauces in background.

Attached Files 008.JPG012.JPG014.JPG004.JPG005.JPG017.JPG021.JPG
SXM Sponsors
Re: Friday & Saturday [Re: cruzer] #282874
05/22/2022 01:20 PM
05/22/2022 01:20 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks very much for the report! Glad you said that the beef was what looked like a chocolate muffin, as that's what I would have thought it was.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your impressions and your pictures. I shall be really sorry for you to go home, and not get your regular reports!

Carol Hill