Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 29
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ChiTownHarry
ChiTownHarry
Chicago area & St-Martin
Posts: 769
Joined: January 2003
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
17 members (GOTOSUN, louismcc, 2tannedfannies, Rumlover, o2bnsxm, CaribbeanCanadians, triciatn, FantasyFrank, cbinparadise, SXMScubaman, Marie, StMartinFan, RatmansWife, Bella, JeanneB, 2 invisible), 388 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
V
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
Hey everyone quick question.

I am flying out on Tuesday, August 9th. Have to take the 7:30am Road Town to Charlotte Amalie ferry, but my flight from STT on is not until 2:35pm.

Anybody got good recommendations for a breakfast spot walking distance from Charlotte Amalie ferry terminal other than Petite Pump and French Deli?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Jump a cab to the Emerald Beach Resort..nice beachfront breakfast there and you can walk to the terminal..

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845
Likes: 2
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845
Likes: 2
I second EBR. Great breakfast stop and as Mal said, very close to the airport.


Go Irish!!

Bill
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Gladys' Cafe and Bumpa's are walkable.Tickles at Crown Bay is good too, but requires a drive or a long walk.

Cheers, RickG

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Agree..had good breakfasts at Bumpa's...but nice to be on the beach at Emerald Beach and close to the airrport...less than a mile walk if you dont have heavy bags or short cab ride..I also find the staff at The Emerald Beach very welcoming..one waitress was born and raised on VG.

Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
I would just take the short walk over to Gladys' . They are in a bigger space now so no worries getting a table. Food is really good and they are always welcoming!

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Manpot
Agree..had good breakfasts at Bumpa's...but nice to be on the beach at Emerald Beach and close to the airrport...less than a mile walk if you dont have heavy bags or short cab ride..I also find the staff at The Emerald Beach very welcoming..one waitress was born and raised on VG.

FYI. The short cab ride cost 2 of us $25 with bags last November. It was literally under 2 minutes. lol

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
V
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by skipdastraw
I would just take the short walk over to Gladys' . They are in a bigger space now so no worries getting a table. Food is really good and they are always welcoming!


Awesome thanks guys. I'm either gonna do Emerald or Gladys'.

Where is Gladys' relative to ferry terminal?

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
We have always liked the Green House while waiting for the ferry. About a 10 minute walk down the waterfront.
G

Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by VirginGordaResident
Originally Posted by skipdastraw
I would just take the short walk over to Gladys' . They are in a bigger space now so no worries getting a table. Food is really good and they are always welcoming!


Awesome thanks guys. I'm either gonna do Emerald or Gladys'.

Where is Gladys' relative to ferry terminal?


https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gladys'+Café/@18.3392379,-64.9453379,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xbdc530f8d4e8c014!8m2!3d18.3407139!4d-64.9326795

Joined: May 2019
Posts: 189
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 189
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
We have always liked the Green House while waiting for the ferry. About a 10 minute walk down the waterfront.
G


I was going to suggest them because I have always enjoyed the food and the view, but I didn't mention them since they only open at 11am - figured the timing with their schedule didn't work out. Now if they offered breakfast.....



Keep Smiling!!!


Peter
s/y Time Will Tell (2019 Lagoon 42)
peter@syTimeWillTell.com

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
An added bonus for Emerald Beach..full bar..you can get a Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast!!

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Gladys' - you cross the street and turn right (east). 5600 Royal Dane Mall, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands 00802, the second left after the Greenhouse. Bumpa's is a bit further.

Cheers, RickG

Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 21
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 21
Bumpa’s


SV Absolutely
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
A side note on this from St Thomas before I head to the aiport. I had another great dinner last night at The French Quarter Bistro in Charlotte Amalie's Frenchtown and a great Margarita at The Greenhouse . Although I couldnt get a room there had a great afternoon at The Emerald Beach with drinks courtesy of Tyler.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Safe travels.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5