Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,048
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
mahokid 29
RonDon 29
erb923 26
kim 17
Member Spotlight
davidandsusannj
davidandsusannj
Hunterdon County, NJ
Posts: 55
Joined: December 2010
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
14 members (Rumlover, Lucky13, FFSXM, bran, JerseyRob, CaribbeanCanadians, charlie, KirkB, Rover, 5 invisible), 417 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#291345 11/18/2022 11:09 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,699
Likes: 1
M
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,699
Likes: 1
I wonder if someone could recommend a nice beach near Old San Juan within walking or taxi ride distance. Looking for a beach for safe swimming and beach bars where we can rent some chairs for the day.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 112
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 112
I have been to Old San Juan numerous times. I don't consider it a beach destination. Although you could visit some of the beach front hotels in Condado and Isla Verde, which are just a taxi ride from OSJ.

At one point the El Convento Hotel had a sister hotel in Condado which you could visit. I think some visitors to Puerto Rico go to Playa Luguillo, but I have never been a fan, and you would probably need a rental car.

I think the best beaches are on the west coast of Puerto Rico, in Aquadilla and Rincon.

You will definitely love Old San Juan though. Lots of history and great restaurants!

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
S
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
Going to the beach in Luquillo is a waste of time the water is always cloudy. Your better off just going to the Condado area

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,257
Likes: 3
T
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
T
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,257
Likes: 3
The beach in Isle Verde is better than Condado. Much milder surf on most days


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5