Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,006
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 29
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Manpot
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,513
Joined: May 2002
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
9 members (Dan&Roxanne, Zanshin, SXMScubaman, RatmansWife, Two2go, Buddyhog, luvtotravel, 2 invisible), 367 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#300167 04/20/2023 11:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 35
L
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
L
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 35
My husband wants to know if there is somewhere on JVD that he can pick up a decent cigar or should he buy one at home and bring it with him? He only has one or two on vacation.

BVI Sponsors
.
LA_FadeAway #300171 04/21/2023 06:15 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I am not sure on JVD but the Pussers at West End has a decent selection. You could walk over waiting for the ferry.

LA_FadeAway #300180 04/21/2023 07:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,277
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,277
Gertrude usually has some for sale. I think Viny might at well at Corsairs.

LA_FadeAway #300185 04/21/2023 09:00 AM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 987
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 987
Likes: 1
Have not had much luck with my cigar purchases in the BVI in the past.
Very expensive and felt/tasted like they had not seen the inside of a decent humidor for some time.
I would pack a couple from home in a plastic zip lock with a damp paper towel.

Your results could be different, but, I'll take a fresh Dominican over a stale Cuban any day. cool


Chuck W.

[Linked Image]
LA_FadeAway #300187 04/21/2023 09:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,491
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,491
Likes: 2
Definitely bring them. Between the lack of decent moisture control as mentioned, and prices, I too would bring my favorites that I get from the DR and other areas..

When we spend 6 months at our Carib home I can bring a limited supply, then I have to deal with suspect branding, stale cigars, and high prices.


"Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.”
-Anthony Bourdain
LA_FadeAway #300192 04/21/2023 10:22 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789
Likes: 2
Foxy's has a humidor with a decent selection, but I can't attest to the quality.

LA_FadeAway #300194 04/21/2023 10:43 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 488
Likes: 1
7
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
7
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 488
Likes: 1
I'm hoping you don't smoke them INSIDE your charter vessel.....

706jim #300289 04/22/2023 06:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 35
L
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
L
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by 706jim
I'm hoping you don't smoke them INSIDE your charter vessel.....

No, we're staying on JVD, not in a charter vessel.

Thanks for the replies everyone.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5